Notices

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
Hi,
I recently learned about Conler. This Diabolo/Chinook programs seems to partly what I'm looking for, if extended a bit. It would already scratch a big itch I have with this device

For people not knowing it : (from the website) :
Conler (stands for Wi-Fi Connection Handler) is a simple application designed especially for Maemo OS. It allows to configure a sequence of commands which will be executed on connections with Wi-Fi access points.
One addition I would really like to see to the (to be newly build) N900 version is a sort of an "Extended config mode" whereby the key for the configuration settings/scenario is not just the BSSID of the AP but the combination BSSID & MAC address of the Access Point.

Why ? Because plenty of commercial Wifi AP providers (think The Cloud, BTOpenzone) also supply end-user Free access sites for locations (think bars, offices).
These 'free' locations use the same BSSID as the pure commercial ones but a different landing page to enter password, or email or similar.

So using just a BSSID wouldn't cut it in this case, if one wants to automate things.

I do realize this might be overkill for average users, so for them a simple BSSID key might be enough, working as it's right now in the Diabolo version.

I do always believe that good work should get rewarded some way or another so I'm happy to donate for this if need be.

Anyone else seeing the value in this and/or up for the task ?

Idealy this would be integrated in icd/icd2 but I guess I can only dream about that thanks to the closed nature of those 2 Nokia 'jewels'

Thanks.