Active Topics

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sao Paulo / Brazil
Is there a way to set the priority of the GPRS and WLAN connections?

My N900 keeps using the MMS APN insted of the Internet APN.

The Following User Says Thank You to igorlt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 188 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
AFAIK latest fMMS doesn't require separate APN anymore, so you can delete the MMS AP, then it doesn't mess up connections. There isn't any settings for priority I know of :/

cell-modem-ui: home | packages - status: 0.5.1-1 in Extras
nowplayingd: home | packages - status: 0.1-2 in extras-devel
custom-pwkmenu: home - no packages yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to tuminoid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 150 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Pennsylvania, US
Nope. Connection priority is bug 1043. If you're interested in such a feature, vote for the bug; maybe some day there will be enough votes to take it seriously. The bug is regarding wifi only, although I'm sure such a feature could extend to any connection.

I have problems with this - I have a BT broadband wlan at home which also provides a semi-public BTFON connection. It often tries to connect to the BTFON one when I want it to connect to my home broadband. Going to have to delete the BTFON access point to solve this but it means I won't be able to automatically connect to any BTFON while away from home.

Have voted for bug. Similarly to @col37400 I also have FON, and many neighbours have BTOpenZone (effectively the same), my gym has it's own wifi, so does starbucks etc.

I really want the ability to specify that connection priority order

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Bug 1043 (assign priorities to connections) is discussed in the bug report as having Harmattan as the target milestone. Is this something that we are going to see in MeeGo/Harmattan or in MeeGo? The last activity on the bug page was six and a half months ago.