Active Topics

my gcse results are going to be hear on tuesday im really worried

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
whats gcse?

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
GCSE is some kind of educational qualification - I think it's like a high school certificate or some such you get after passing tests at the end of your 12th year.

@badarnawazkhan - don't stress about it. Worst case you can repeat the year, best case you passed. Good luck.

Yea man, no need to worry even if you do fail, life goes on, it ain't the end of the world. I wish you all the best! ^_^

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
If not you could always continue your career in scamming

gcse is grade 10... basically meaningless. Unless you plan to drop out of school no one will ever look at it again.

Originally Posted by dchky View Post
.... Worst case you can repeat the year, best case you passed. Good luck.
ROTFLMAO!!!!!

that's support

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
GCSE is actually quite important, without decent grades you can't get into higher education.

I vaguely remember GCSEs (am 26 now). In honesty didn't put in as much effort as I should have and came out with 'ok' results. Went on to Sixth Form/College and failed A-Levels so got a job. Currently working in IT Contracting in a very prestigious company on great money.

In short...it'll all be fine

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
Originally Posted by CYPHERC View Post
ROTFLMAO!!!!!

that's support
I am guessing you are young, but really, in the greater scheme of things nobody cares if you repeat a year or not, and by the time you hit 30, you wont care either - Or rather, you wont care if you've managed to get yourself a good education and you're doing a job that you love, otherwise your own regrets are your own to live with.

This is my point. There is no need to stress. A prospective employer isn't going to look at a resume and factor this any other way than as a positive - and if they do, you don't want to be working for them anyway.