Notices

Banned | Posts: 388 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Mar 2010
Hello,

1-) What is the fastest to way get back to desktop view (is there any key combination)

2-) Say that I want to be able launch a google page quickly from keyboard. How can I assign say "gg" to launch a microb with Google on desktop only?

3-) Alternatively, can I make a such assignment to quickly turning up and down the device to get a microb Google page?

Where to look up for these questions? Any guidance?

Thanks.

With shortcutd, you can have "1" and one custom command as "2".

The Following User Says Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
Soft press on camera button now switches me to the desktop. It would be nice it to act like a toggle between desktop and dashboard.

For the second do you have any tips? I don't know how to start the browser from terminal nor assign a key for the launch.

3rd one is a fancy request, I am fine with keyboard alternatives.

modified-hildon-desktop (in my repository) allows for global shortcuts of the type ctrl+shift+letter. For exaple in my setup ctrl+shift+h goes to home view.

By default pressing a letter on the desktop opens the contacts application. modified-hildon-desktop allows you to change that and use key presses on the desktop for shortcuts. The package keyboard-shortcuts is a sample implementation of such shorcuts.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Hmm ctrl+shift_letter combination really requires two hands holding the device. If "gg" were possible I could slide the phone by one hand and launch a browser. Plus easier than triple key combo or trying to hit the right spot on the screen Not a big complain but just a thought.

Originally Posted by gsever View Post
For the second do you have any tips? I don't know how to start the browser from terminal nor assign a key for the launch.
(from an another thread):
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.osso_browser /com/nokia/osso_browser/request com.nokia.osso_browser.load_url string:"www.google.com"

The Following User Says Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
Good, still one step is missing -- how to assign this command to "gg" key hits?

You will need to do some programming, as there is no program that implements that. What is already available is the package keyboard-shortcuts (in my repository). After you install that (and set the gconf key /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/key-actions/home_contacts_phone to false). Pressing 'o' on the desktop opens the browser at page www.google.com.

You can edit the python program /usr/bin/keyboard-shortcut for changing shortcuts. Reading this program should give you enough information to implement two letters shortcuts.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post: