Active Topics

well i connected my phone in the PC Suite mode and when i go to the maps loader it says that "your device does not support navigation, or navigation's voice guidance. However you can download free Nokia Maps for route planning"

is there any solution to this or m i screwed :P

o n if there is a solution to this, need to run for maps in india

Last edited by souljah; 2010-08-28 at 06:20.

No free offline routing or maps for the n900

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
You can access the maps for India for free, you can also do routes, however, you cannot search for address or points of interest without the internet and you cannot have voice guided navigation.

Check this thread out: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...vi+maps+folder

Edit: And welcome to the forums

dude u can download india maps for ovi maps software from the map loader. (i used the ovi suite)
i can do routing etc. i live in mangalore, karnataka. which city are u in?

Originally Posted by souljah View Post
well i connected my phone in the PC Suite mode and when i go to the maps loader it says that "your device does not support navigation, or navigation's voice guidance. However you can download free Nokia Maps for route planning"

is there any solution to this or m i screwed :P

o n if there is a solution to this, need to run for maps in india
well u can download the map data through the map loader, you just need a .qf file on a MMC and then reconnect ur fone in mass storage mode and the map loader will then detect your phone and u can then have a choice where to download the maps i.e. internal memory or the MMC.

search for it on this forum only, i got it working by doing the same thing but i'm sorry i can't direct you to the exact thread, its been very long since i did it.