Annoying little problem popped up today. My N900 has absolutely no cell signal, and no matter what I do I can't get it back.

I'm pretty sure its not a reception problem, as I've been outside, and in any case, I get solid signal inside my house normally.

I get no cell signal, no 3G signal. When I go to select an internet connection, the T-Mobile 3G doesn't even show up at all.

I restarted, took battery out, held down power button for a minute. I am trying to avoid reinstalling the whole OS and wiping the EMC.

I included an attachment cause I can't seem to place an image in the post.

Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Images

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Did you check that you're not in "Offline" mode? And did you try to re-seat your SIM card? Could be it jiggled loose.

Yup. I checked both already. The sim was fine and I toggled the offline mode just to make sure.

Well, it seems that the phone has decided to reset itself or something. The cell signal has returned and the 3G is working as well.

Thx woody for the reply anyway.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
Im also been having problem with this, that sometime the phone just drops the SIM-connection. Last week it happend every day so i took out the SIM-card and made the "connection points" more flexible by bending them upwards. This have solved the problem, almost. Only happend once after that... Did I recive a "lemon", or are more people experiencing this?

Could be because of Network upgrade. See the thread I started.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=60610