Active Topics

Although this is not a direct parallel, seeing as how Microsoft was working on WP7 prior to announcement, it will be interesting to see which OS will be more stable upon release.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Depends on your definition of stable. Because of python desktop widgets bug (a WONTFIX), I get daily (manual) reboots or horrible performance. And it's not a one-item list.

Nonetheless, I am really curious as to what the phone feels like. Unfortunately no upgrade for me until they get their multitasking skewed views back straight.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Well, a phone with an IE7 as a default browser on it may be the stablest in the universe, but it is still IE7

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Isn't the browser on WP7 IE8? I heard it's pretty good too.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
No, its IE7 plus IE8's javascript engine minus everything of use except QuerySelectorAll... They even removed the native JSON object from it...

IE7 was never good, it doesn't even go anywhere near that word.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...=VS.92%29.aspx

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
IE8 is not particualry good either.. i do not know if it's the browser or the OS win7 that is to blame.. but it have had a lot of problems + is very sluggy.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

Why do we even compare M$ with Maemo/Meego (Linux)???

M$ - Games
Linux - everything else

Don`t get me wrong am aware that linux can handle heavy games way better, but its a fact that there are almost no games for linux.

The Following User Says Thank You to acvetkov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
One question. Is registry still there?

Hmm.. I find IE8 more faster than firefox. In fact the page rendering on firefox is still far behind than IE8.

Regarding the MS/Linux war.. seriously by now I think one should realize that if you have hung around with linux for eternity then you are never going to like Windows and vice versa for Windows fanboys.

I haven't had problems using Windows at all.

To each it's own.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
The sheer amount of testing that went into the release is pretty staggering.

10,000 devices, over a half million hours of active self-hosting use, over three and a half million hours of stress test passes, and eight and a half million hours of fully automated test passes. We've had thousands of independent software vendors and early adopters testing our software and giving us great feedback.
I'll wait to hear the Silverlight, Flash and Opera/Fennec announcements before I make a movement towards the platform.

The whole snobbery about the browser is... well, have at it.