Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 375 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Berlin
Frogatto & Friends is an old-school 2D platformer game, starring a certain quixotic frog. It's a big adventure with all the classic fun - you fight monsters, collect coins, talk to people, and buy new stuff. We've worked really hard to make a game we love, and we're making new additions as we speak - give it a try!

For N900, Frogatto version 1.0.3-maemo1 is now available in Extras!
For N9/N950, have a look at this thread on the MeeGo Forum.

Version 1.0.3-maemo2 in extras-testing has a small fix for loading older savegames and closing the game from the task switcher.
Please report issues specific to the Maemo port here in this thread and vote on the game package page and on the engine package page if you want it to make it into Extras.

If your issue isn't Maemo specific, there's also the Frogatto forum and the upstream bug tracker.

Last edited by pH5; 2011-11-24 at 09:12. Reason: Initial Frogatto port for N9/N950

The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to pH5 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I downloaded this game today in the morning. This is really a great game!!!

Didn't find any bugs so far....
I'll try to hunt them for you heheh

Edit:
Somehow, The character of this game reminds me Croc...
Attached Images

Last edited by HtheB; 2010-09-04 at 23:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 254 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ New Delhi, India
While installing frogatto, I had the libsdl-ttf error and going by vstone's advice,I solved it. However, I seem to have uninstalled something that's needed to play destroid, flobby and reaction face-off. These three apps just crash when started. I tried uninstalling and re-installing them, but to no avail.

Please help....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to navsin For This Useful Post:
good game, nice fun graphics. only thing is it took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to jump as it doesnt tell you at the start

The Following User Says Thank You to liquid_chaos For This Useful Post:
I like this game. graphics are fun and overall the game is fun to play so far. But i think they can improve it even more by adding more ways to kill the enemies, add more levels, and more moves you can make.

Originally Posted by pH5 View Post
Frogatto version 1.0.2-maemo1 is available in Extras-testing.

Please report issues specific to the Maemo port here in this thread and vote on the package page if you want it to make it into Extras.

If you have problems installing it due to a libsdl-ttf2.0 conflict, check out the "Problem with libsdl-ttf2.0" thread. If you upgrade from last week's development snapshot and care about your savegame, consider reading this post about how to preserve your savegame.

If your issue isn't Maemo specific, there's also the Frogatto forum and the upstream bug tracker.
The game brainparty in extras causes the conflict you mention with frogatto, so my guess is that you cannot have both games installed at the same time?

The Following User Says Thank You to javiermon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by m.r.a.haak View Post
I like this game. graphics are fun and overall the game is fun to play so far. But i think they can improve it even more by adding more ways to kill the enemies, add more levels, and more moves you can make.
Have you gotten to Chompel (sp) general store yet? You can buy upgrades there that unlock power ups.

There are several other moves the tutorial doesn't cover.

Some are:

-If you jump and hold down you'll do a drill attack, this is way more reliable for cilling the cat looking things with the gun.
-if you run and then push the tongue button you'll do a slide tackle. This is good for knocking things back.
-if you hold down and then push forward you'll do this wierd somersault thing.

I'm sure there are more, I just haven't found them yet.

2d

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2disbetter For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by liquid_chaos View Post
good game, nice fun graphics. only thing is it took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to jump as it doesnt tell you at the start
It does actually. When the menu screen comes up, the instructions on how to play are being displayed there.

2d

The Following User Says Thank You to 2disbetter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 375 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by navsin View Post
While installing frogatto, I had the libsdl-ttf error and going by vstone's advice,I solved it. However, I seem to have uninstalled something that's needed to play destroid, flobby and reaction face-off. These three apps just crash when started. I tried uninstalling and re-installing them, but to no avail.

Please help....
Are all of these PyGame based? I've installed destroid and I see the crash. In fact, just opening a python console and entering "import numpy" fails, so this could be a more generic / numpy dependency problem.

Originally Posted by javiermon View Post
The game brainparty in extras causes the conflict you mention with frogatto, so my guess is that you cannot have both games installed at the same time?
Installing both brainparty and frogatto works just fine - just make sure that your libsdl-ttf2.0-0 package is the latest version (-maemo3).

The Following User Says Thank You to pH5 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Okay, then I'll post the link to my video about Frogatto on the N900 here again, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EleuaUrl2hU

Thanks for watching and have fun playing (I do)!