Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on May 2010 @ limassol cyprus
Hi everyone, im writing this in praise of an app thats in the ovi store and how if nokia actually put their mind to it can come up with some major support for the n900.im talkinjg about gas balls and what a really good app it is. im enjoying it alot.(dont know who develeped it but im guessing nokia, but i could be wrong).
1 app since i bought my baby in February is indeed bad support of the n900, thank god for all the support from the guys in this community, if it wasnt for them the n900 would be dead in the water.

Thank you Maemo Community.....And SCREW you nokia for abandoning the N900...We dont need you anyway.

Peace.

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
ok, gas balls is fun how? and serves what purpose on a device like the N900? Im much more impressed with Live Wallpaper from the community. Right now, Ovi for Maemo is a giant turd.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Nokia abandoned the N900?
Okay, that's new for me...

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
I guess this is why some other nameless platforms are as popular as they are. Many thousands of eye-candy applications that serve no actual functional purpose other than being eye-candy. Given how quickly the thread for this application grew in a matter of days, I can only conclude that this is what -the masses- actually want. Go figure.

Sigh, another rambling 'bash nokia' thread is it?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dchky For This Useful Post:
what a load of crap gas balls is!

Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
By very much the same token I was VERY dissappointed in the Gas Balls app. Downloaded it, expecting it to either be a kinetic desktop experience or alternatively a great fun accelerometer / touch controlled app - which, to a lesser exent, it is. I really like the way that you can have it as a transparent overlay on your current desktop........

BUT........

Why doesn't it go fullscreen when applied to your desktop? What kind of half arsed application fu**ery is this? You mean I can have gas balls on my desktop BUT only in a frame around the edges, and even the frame isn't equal in size, and bang goes any kind of touch control over the balls in this environment?

Poor show <<Ovi Store Application Quality Selection Process>>, poor show indeed.....

Update needed. At least we know that if the app came from this community then an update would get done and we would have fullscreen gas balls within a matter of days.

Instead we are now stuck with the possibility, however faint, that an update *might* happen sometime in the future, maybe, if a Nokia dev ever fancies getting into the code and pulling his / her finger out of their **se and stop drinking tea with the other monkies at the tea party.

Xploder still has no level retry support nor sound - and this is available for download in Ovi - I mean, WTF? Where is the Quality Screening process? Do these people have a Quality Management System or do they have a company turdbowl that they refer to to select apps?

/Rant

Last edited by Switch_; 2010-09-08 at 15:15. Reason: Spelling

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Lol...

You: "Y'know Nokia, you're not bad if you put the effort..."
Nokia: "Awww, we'd-"
You: "<cuts> but the community....blah, blah.....and you give no support."
Nokia: "waittamin-"
You: "Meep! <pauses> F U Nokia!! We don't need you!!!"
Nokia: "?!?!"
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
i dont think you actually understand what im trying to say here....

What i meant is that if nokia actually put their mind to it, they could of made this the no1 product in the world, but instead opted for abandoning maemo(which by the way beats any os out there right now, IMHO)so they can go with meego.i dont think i can go with any other os that is out there after using maemo.there is so much that it can do, specially if you think that the n900 is only running on 600mhz, when almost all other smartphones are running at 1ghz.ive used android and the iphone os and they both suck IMHO they dont even come close to what maemo can do.its such a shame to think that at some point maemo will be nomore.

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
Originally Posted by n900 lover View Post
i dont think you actually understand what im trying to say here....

What i meant is that if nokia actually put their mind to it, they could of made this the no1 product in the world, but instead opted for abandoning maemo(which by the way beats any os out there right now, IMHO)so they can go with meego.i dont think i can go with any other os that is out there after using maemo.there is so much that it can do, specially if you think that the n900 is only running on 600mhz, when almost all other smartphones are running at 1ghz.ive used android and the iphone os and they both suck IMHO they dont even come close to what maemo can do.its such a shame to think that at some point maemo will be nomore.
What we are trying to say is that if nokia really put their mind to it, we'd have stuff that n900 users really need. Like OVI maps that was free , turn by turn or an ovi store that wasnt a piece of crap, filled with crap.

Originally Posted by optimistprime View Post
What we are trying to say is that if nokia really put their mind to it, we'd have stuff that n900 users really need. Like OVI maps that was free , turn by turn or an ovi store that wasnt a piece of crap, filled with crap.
Thank you, thats almost what im trying to say.You got most of it.