Posts: 64 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany, near Hamburg
I used my N900 today to transfer some files from an old laptop to an old PC. After I unplugged it from the laptop and plugged it into the PC the 32GB internal memory wouldn't be recognized by Windows anymore! I thought maby at home with an up to date Win7 PC I at least could format it. But I can't! (explorer says it needs to be formatted but if it tries it ends up with "could not finish") I even used save removing via Windows on the laptop because I know it can be "dangerous" not to.
Is there a way to format the internal memory via x-term? Before I started moving files I disabled trackerd because every time I unplug the N900 it takes some time before I can use the internal memory again.
Maemo default file manager isn't seeing the internal storage too!

Last edited by CutterSlade; 2010-09-20 at 09:44. Reason: Problem solved

I now was able to partition an format it with the Win7 built in tool. But now its totally empty of course. How do I get the default folder structure back?
It's still not showing up in Maemo file manager though.
In settings it says it's damaged is this a Nokia support case now?

Last edited by CutterSlade; 2010-09-09 at 22:12.

I have some backups from BackupMenu including device memory would flashing be a solution?

Great! I'm stuck during flashing:
7. Hold the u key on the device keyboard and connect the USB cable at the same time. See the Flasher documentation for more information. (TIP: Hold the u key until Windows has successfully installed the driver.)

Windows will not successfully install driver: Got 2 out of 3 last one is my broken device memory i suppose? It says unknown device disconnected.
Do I have to send the phone in although it runs fine? Or is there a trick left for me?

Last edited by CutterSlade; 2010-09-09 at 22:42.

I just tried reflashing, before I didn't really tried because Windows said not all drivers were installed. But the flasher couldn't care less about this error message and installed the driver just after beginning of the eMMC flash. So I may edit the flash wiki with an advice in that direction.

The Following User Says Thank You to CutterSlade For This Useful Post: