Notices

Hello,

I've recently put a lot of games on my N900 including iNES+ROMs.
What I've noticed is that iNES produces terrible sound. Half of the music/sound effects are missing when compared to the original. Is there a way to tweak/fix this? It really makes one want to stop playing it.

The only work around for that is probably an over clock, but even then it would probably still sound a bit choppy. I haven't over clocked, so maybe some one else who has would shed more light on that.

The sound is choppy because the emulator needs better optimizations, like a recompiler, better memory management etc. Or in simpler words, it needs an update. Until a major update arrives or someone in the pandora forums bring out a super mega cool optimized and open sourced NES emu, there is no way of fixing it.

The irony here is that my ngage classic with ran at 60mhz ran every NES and gbc game at full speed with sound and with zip file support, where as even at 600mhz, the n900 can not . Whats even stranger is that the gba games ran at the same speed on my ngage classic with sound. Dam, I miss that phone .

I'm on 1.15Ghz and the sound is still terrible, so it's not the amount of Mhz that stops the emulator from being awesome
But yeah, a port of NESTopia or FCEUltra would be nice..

whoever made that emulator seriously needs to fix it its embarassing...

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
That thing had nearly 2MHz, its not easy to emulate that on a 1,15GHz CPU /ironic mode off

Well as Snuski said this is not a hardware issue, its a source code problem. Though most people use the SNES Emu instead anyway.

i like nes games and wanna play blastermaster at normal speed with normal sound instead of it sounding like a hyperactive laggy buny on crack, destroys the feeling of the game!

its been out for quite some time and still hasnt been fixed time for a change!