Notices

I have installed the nmap package from this site: http://www.mulliner.org/nokia770/

When im using nmap from the terminal it works perfect, but i cant get the frontend to work. The frontend starts but when i click scan nothing happens.

Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

Doesn't nmapfe need to be run as root?

Originally Posted by iball View Post
Doesn't nmapfe need to be run as root?
I really dont think so, i could start the program without any problems it just doesnt happen anything when i press the scan button.

I also tried installing nmap + nmapfe onto my Ubuntu computer and i could use it fine without being root.

Also, i can use nmap in the terminal (on my N800) when im not root without any problems.

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
It works for me just fine I have no problems....

Try installing it as root with apt-get

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
for all functionality the versions for full linux installs require root. whoever packaged the version for the 770/n800 may have added a /etc/sudoers entry for it in the install package. normally you get a message about that.

i have noticed before that the app is bigger than the screen, and you cant scroll, so some hildon-ization may be needed, but i am not an expert there.

a possible explanation for the lack of activity on the GUI, is that the tablet may be too busy to update the screen based on priority set by the app. with all the scanning to do, the GUI may fall down a couple of pegs on the I/O priority list. maybe let a scan complete and see if the screen is then updated.
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

I have tried waiting a long time after i pressed the scan button.

Any more ideas?

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Singapore
it doesn't work for me too.

It looks like you MUST specify an output file. I was getting the same symptoms until I declared one in the Files tab, then I got the output I was looking for.

Also, if you run as root, you get a whole different group of selections! The options that require roof, eg. -sS, don't appear if you aren't able to use them.

Question: How do you get an icon in the Application Menu to "run as root"?
I did the above test from an X Terminal session as root.

Walt