My N900 dropped from the bathroom counter onto the tile floor and the display no longer turns on. Other than that, the phone appears to be operational. Nokia will not fix it because it is not unwarrantable in their estimation.

I was planning on waiting for either the E7 (Symbian, but closer to what I need in a handset) or the N9 (whenever it is announced/released). In the meantime, I have been using my warhorse E71.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mierlo, Netherlands
In my opinion, usages are different. If you just want a phone, buy E7 or N8 or things like that.
But if you are something like a hacker (like me and many other people here) who likes to have a computer running GNU/Linux in pocket, buy a new N900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AMLJ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Originally Posted by jxwolf View Post
My N900 dropped from the bathroom counter onto the tile floor and the display no longer turns on. Other than that, the phone appears to be operational. Nokia will not fix it because it is not unwarrantable in their estimation.

I was planning on waiting for either the E7 (Symbian, but closer to what I need in a handset) or the N9 (whenever it is announced/released). In the meantime, I have been using my warhorse E71.
e71 warhorse, badass.

Tough one. It could be the screen only that is broken, you can fix that by replacing it with a new screen.

The Following User Says Thank You to bsving For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bsving View Post
Tough one. It could be the screen only that is broken, you can fix that by replacing it with a new screen.
Hmm, this guy might be right... I mean, I think you should really try what he says...

The Following User Says Thank You to AMLJ For This Useful Post:
Hook it up using video out and see if it works, proves a screen fault then.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marlon For This Useful Post:
You should get to a service, there are multiple reasons for dead screen, it could be just a single cable ^^.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
wait for N9 mate! don't buy N900 if you want to be up to date with technology. If you short in cash then buy N900 lol.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
wait for N9 mate! don't buy N900 if you want to be up to date with technology. If you short in cash then buy N900 lol.
Not sure... isn't N9 going to be Symbian again? If so, nothing related to technology and being up-to-date in my opinion... N900 will remain an option for hackers and GNU/Linux guys, and those phones will remain an option for people who wantmit that way...

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Originally Posted by AMLJ View Post
Not sure... isn't N9 going to be Symbian again? If so, nothing related to technology and being up-to-date in my opinion... N900 will remain an option for hackers and GNU/Linux guys, and those phones will remain an option for people who wantmit that way...
Why do people keep saying the n9 is gonna be symbian?! It's going to have MeeGo!