Active Topics

Posts: 542 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ 52 N, 6 E
My N810 reboots spontaneously on an irregular basis: whether or no network connection, running programs or idle (no program opened) sometimes twice a weerk,, sometimes twice a day.
Some people on theis forum say that it is a battery problem, replace the battery and it is over. Noty with me: after recharging the new battery after the frst touch it rebooted again.

What is also suspicious on this issue is thet really no one knows this issue although the device is 3 years on the market.

And the watchdog which lets it reboot should normally only trigger when the device is overloaded with too many programs, but it even reboots in idle state, no network connection and no programs loadede .

Is there a random timer hidden in the OS or firmware which reboots the device ?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
If there's a random timer that reboots the OS, why doesn't it work for me and my N810?

It would have seemed strange to me that a new battery would fix a random reboot issue -- reflashing would seem like a more usual option.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
If there's a random timer that reboots the OS, why doesn't it work for me and my N810?

It would have seemed strange to me that a new battery would fix a random reboot issue -- reflashing would seem like a more usual option.
Your device *never* reboots spontaneously ?

I have done it two times but shortly (within a week) after the reflash the reboot began again.

I also removed 'metalayer-crawler' which should be a possible cause accoring to some topics.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post

I have done it two times but shortly (within a week) after the reflash the reboot began again. And I didn't exprect either that replacing the battry would solve theproblem. I replaced it just because the life and recharge times became shorter end shortter.

I also removed 'metalayer-crawler' which should be a possible cause accoring to some topics.

The replacement battery thing doesn't help if it crashes even when not on charger.

Originally Posted by skatebiker View Post
I'd say mine has never "spontaneously" rebooted. It has rebooted when I broke something or when I put it on the charger with a bad battery, it has never just randomly rebooted. Since the new Mugen 3600mah battery I bought a couple weeks ago it has never rebooted on its own.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Yes, my device *never* reboots spontaneously.