Active Topics

Recently i posted with a workaround for the bbciplayer since the new style website removed the popout button, making it impossible to play content on the n900 via the bbc iplayer website.
Well good news! there is no longer a need to hack our user agents and regretfully pretend we are an android phone :/

The popout button is back, so now we can watch bbc iplayer content at decent quality again! check it out. and it seems that the BBC do listen to us when theres enough of us whinging

Last edited by regnighc; 2010-10-10 at 22:14.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to regnighc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
So we can just watch it like we would on Android?

Similar, instead of changing the browsers user agent to Androids one and tricking the Iplayer site into showing us the Android page which has a low quality mobile optimized flash player. We can just goto the normal Desktop site now and play the content by pressing the popout player button in the bottom right corner of the player.

Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
Originally Posted by regnighc View Post
Recently i posted with a workaround for the bbciplayer since the new style website removed the popout button, making it impossible to play content on the n900 via the bbc iplayer website.
Well good news! there is no longer a need to hack our user agents and regretfully pretend we are an android phone :/

The popout button is back, so now we can watch bbc iplayer content at decent quality again! check it out. and it seems that the BBC do listen to us when theres enough of us winging
I was really annoyed when the iplayer was updated and no longer worked due to no pop out player. Then after seeing your work around, was somewhat relieved. I signed up to the iplayer forum just to complain about the removal of the pop out player. Now it's back. Ever grateful for your work around and keeping us up to date with the situation. Great news. Thanks.

Finally! Brilliant news.
That work around was usable but would never let me watch anything on 3G (even though I'm on Vodafone network)

Thank you for letting us know!

To play or download Never Mind the Buzzcocks - Series 24 - Episode 3 you need to enable JavaScript. How?
I get that message from bbc iplayer how i open it.

does anyone know why videos are playing on the iplayer yet radio shows are asking for javascript to be enabled

BBC? Oh, guess you must mean the UK arm of Apple's marketing dept!

They're on strike at the moment. Perhaps they do need the money though - to buy into the next releases of grossly overpriced crApple?

Great news, thanks!