Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
fcrochik's Avatar
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,222 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
#61
Originally Posted by SAABoy View Post
Please pardon my ignorance... In this case, your app is like a front end to maps.google.com, as opposed to something like the google maps I used to use on my n96, correct?
Yes... GeePS started as just a front-end to google maps. It is growing to have some functions not directly related to google maps. But all that has to do with showing a map is "google maps",

I assume you are talking about the google "kit" for symbian phones. If that is the case both are front-ends that embed a web site using google maps Javascript API.
__________________

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases
 
Posts: 598 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
#62
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
Yes... GeePS started as just a front-end to google maps. It is growing to have some functions not directly related to google maps. But all that has to do with showing a map is "google maps",

I assume you are talking about the google "kit" for symbian phones. If that is the case both are front-ends that embed a web site using google maps Javascript API.
Thanks for answering my question. Because this is a front end to the website, is that a reason it may be difficult to incorporate touch scrolling as opposed to using the 4 arrows to scroll around?

The google maps I had on my n-series phones were acquired my giving google my phone number, and I received a text prompting me to download a goooglemaps.sis file. The file was small, so I guess everything makes sense now...
 
fcrochik's Avatar
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,222 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
#63
Originally Posted by SAABoy View Post
Thanks for answering my question. Because this is a front end to the website, is that a reason it may be difficult to incorporate touch scrolling as opposed to using the 4 arrows to scroll around?
I don't think it will be difficult, I just haven't had the time - I am working on other features.

On the previous pages of this thread you will find one possible implementation of the "touch scroll".
__________________

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases
 
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ San Francisco, CA
#64
Loving this app...especially the traffic layer. Thank you!!!
 
M_99's Avatar
Posts: 73 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Austria (no kangaroos over here)
#65
Feature request:
integration of latitude - is it possible ?

CU - M_99
__________________
Nokia 8110->7110->6150->8310->7250->N70->N95->N900 + SGS2
 
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jan 2010
#66
Originally Posted by Jamil View Post
Hi,

This looks pretty exciting.

I tried to install but got the 'unable to install' message because the package "libqtm-location" is missing.

Is there a way of getting that package? I'm using the phone to download the app. Would I have more luck browsing to this page:
http://maemo.org/packages/view/geeps/ ?

Thanks.
Hi again,

I tried installing geeps from the page (http://maemo.org/packages/view/geeps) and I didn't know what to do. Do I download the deb file? And which one should I choose, armel or i386?

Can anyone help me get the 'libqtm-location' package and install geeps?

Thanks.
 
bandora's Avatar
Posts: 1,295 | Thanked: 934 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Michigan, USA / Jordan
#67
Originally Posted by Jamil View Post
Hi again,

I tried installing geeps from the page (http://maemo.org/packages/view/geeps) and I didn't know what to do. Do I download the deb file? And which one should I choose, armel or i386?

Can anyone help me get the 'libqtm-location' package and install geeps?

Thanks.
It would be much easier to enable extras-devel then searching for geeps and installing it from there...

But yeah you need the armel deb file to install it on your N900..
__________________
FarahFa.com Qayyem.com
 

The Following User Says Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
fcrochik's Avatar
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,222 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
#68
Originally Posted by M_99 View Post
Feature request:
integration of latitude - is it possible ?

CU - M_99
What is integration of latitude? Can you explain to me what you are looking for?

Felipe
__________________

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases
 
M_99's Avatar
Posts: 73 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Austria (no kangaroos over here)
#69
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
What is integration of latitude? Can you explain to me what you are looking for?

Felipe
Oh sorry - I thought you would already know:
http://www.google.com/intl/com/mobile/latitude/

There's a thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=38542
Garage:
https://garage.maemo.org/projects/googlelatitude

CU - M_99
__________________
Nokia 8110->7110->6150->8310->7250->N70->N95->N900 + SGS2
 

The Following User Says Thank You to M_99 For This Useful Post:
fcrochik's Avatar
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,222 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
#70
Originally Posted by M_99 View Post
Oh sorry - I thought you would already know:
http://www.google.com/intl/com/mobile/latitude/

There's a thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=38542
Garage:
https://garage.maemo.org/projects/googlelatitude

CU - M_99
I didn't think of Google Latitude...

I don't see why not.... It is probably quite easy... Has the googlelatitude garage project already produced an application?

I don't particularly like the idea of sharing my location information so I will not spend much time creating but if it is easy enough I will be glad to incorporate it to geeps.
__________________

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Last edited by fcrochik; 2010-10-19 at 21:08.
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:05.