Active Topics

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Philippines
is N900 screen scratch proof?

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
No, a screen protector is highly recommended. I use the Boxwave Anti-glare.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 205 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ manila, philippines
nope. if it's not glass, it's not resistant to scratches. i use capdase smudge proof matte finish. fingerprints are minimal though it reduces clarity on the screen.

Originally Posted by kulas View Post
It is as scratch proof as man's chest is bullet proof.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kulas View Post
It is not scratch proof, but it is scratch resistant enough for me. I have had mine for over 10 months with no screen protector and no scratches.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j.s For This Useful Post:
Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
Originally Posted by j.s View Post
It is not scratch proof, but it is scratch resistant enough for me. I have had mine for over 10 months with no screen protector and no scratches.
I guess it depends on your definition of scratch. I'd say it's physically impossible not to have abrasive material on your fingertips for much of those 10 months - no matter how clean the environment. The N900 screen is plastic, the dust and gunk you get on your fingers can be as tough as diamond - put those two together and you WILL have scratches on your screen, even if by your definition you don't.

If you want your screen to remain scratch free, then buy a screen guard.

At least the plastic doesn't shatter like glass on iphone. Also, if you rub plastic a little, it's sometimes possible to make the scratch less visible.

Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
No, a screen protector is highly recommended. I use the Boxwave Anti-glare.
can you take a screenshot how it looks like on n900 i cant find it on google theres no picture of the actual screen protector?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by aligatro View Post
At least the plastic doesn't shatter like glass on iphone. Also, if you rub plastic a little, it's sometimes possible to make the scratch less visible.
It is very scratch prone... regardless if you're comparing it to the iPhone 4 or not that's currently breaking.

I highly recommend the OtterBox case for the n900. For about $30 US you get a very good case that fits exceptionally well, provides silicone covers for the plugs, and provides a screen protector. I bought one for my n900, and I'm very satisfied so far. The only "problem" is that it is a little difficult to remove the case if you need to change your battery or sim card.

The Following User Says Thank You to dusktreader For This Useful Post: