Active Topics

Poll: Meego 1.2 or 1.3?
Poll Options
Meego 1.2 or 1.3?

Hi everyone. We now know that meego 1.2 will be more about the UI and will try to look as a end user finish version, but I think that a final end user product will be meego 1.3(this time next year)

meego 1.2 will be more on defining a clear UI with widgets
and meego 1.3 will try to be more like a bug fixes and speed improvements.

So.. what do you think? we we'll see a new product with meego 1.2 or will wait for meego 1.3

The Following User Says Thank You to 3beers For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
I was the first one and I hooked the wrong button LOL. How do I undo it?

It still looks like we'll see a Harmattan product before any real MeeGo ones.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Meego 1.2 will include video acceleration for the gui.
They'll also focus on accelerated video playback and the camera.
There should also be a new user interface and a stack of applications.
If it also includes an update manager for bugfixes and updates to 1.3 then Meego 1.2 will replace maemo on my phone.
I'll be running nitdroid and meego from march 2011:P

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
depends how you define end user products.
1.1 can be a end user product with parts back ported from 1.2 before 1.2 is even final.
vendors might pick 1.1 and add and improve on it themselves.
any way all these bug reports targeting 1.2 dont define 1.2 will be about UI only to me
http://bugs.meego.com/buglist.cgi?qu...eGo%20Features

Personally i don't care, i'll get whatever the Nokia N9 comes with!!!

4" AMOLED screen, aluminium body and a super nice keyboard.

I think the main thing is that Nokia does not keep shifting and stick to their guns with MeeGo, I suspect Meego 1.1 - i.e. Nokia N9 will underdeliver (for people with low IQ's that is.) like the N900 did for alot of iPhone numpties.

However Nokia need to concentrate on working on making MeeGo more backward compatible like iOS, I would like my N9 to work up until Meego 1.5/6 at least, i.e. about 2 years.

For example I bet Sygic are feeling a bit pissed off, they spent time and effort making it for Maemo, then Nokia drops the bomb - we are moving to Meego. Great!

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post

For example I bet Sygic are feeling a bit pissed off, they spent time and effort making it for Maemo, then Nokia drops the bomb - we are moving to Meego. Great!
moving to MeeGo changed nothing Sygic would be in same situation moving to Maemo 6. Qt is what changed everything not the OS and people knew about Qt long time ago

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
where is the 1.4 option?

Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
depends how you define end user products.
1.1 can be a end user product with parts back ported from 1.2 before 1.2 is even final.
vendors might pick 1.1 and add and improve on it themselves.
any way all these bug reports targeting 1.2 dont define 1.2 will be about UI only to me
http://bugs.meego.com/buglist.cgi?qu...eGo%20Features
yea, but I asked if we 're gone see a new product with meego 1.2 or we'll wait for 1.3

Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
moving to MeeGo changed nothing Sygic would be in same situation moving to Maemo 6. Qt is what changed everything not the OS and people knew about Qt long time ago
Oh yes completely forgot about Qt, hopefully it will be as good as Nokia make it out to be. One framework where sybmian and maemo apps can with minimal changes.

However Sygic does not use Qt or even Maemo's native widgets, it has it's own GUI.