Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
HEY folks: using preenve i successfully installed nfsic using the autoinstaller, sims3 using the youtube tuotorial, but I'm dying to play N.O.V.A on my N900. I can't follw the youtube tutorial because inside nova's game folder there is no nova file but only an appinfo.json, icon, and a folder. Can somebody post step by step instructions on how to install nova?
Thanks in advance i'll appreciate any assisstance.
(offtopic) i will soon be a full indepth review of meego 1.1 on my N900 i've succesfully installed it)

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
HEY folks: using preenve i successfully installed nfsic using the autoinstaller, sims3 using the youtube tuotorial, but I'm dying to play N.O.V.A on my N900. I can't follw the youtube tutorial because inside nova's game folder there is no nova file but only an appinfo.json, icon, and a folder. Can somebody post step by step instructions on how to install nova?
Thanks in advance i'll appreciate any assistance.
(offtopic) i will soon be a full indepth review of meego 1.1 on my N900 I've successfully installed it)
The nova binary is in a subdirectory.

Find the directory where you see the appinfo.json file. Next to it you'll see a directory called nova.

In this directory you'll see a binary called nova. You can execute that to play the game.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
The nova binary is in a subdirectory.

Find the directory where you see the appinfo.json file. Next to it you'll see a directory called nova.

In this directory you'll see a binary called nova. You can execute that to play the game.
should i move the appinfo.json and icon to nova directory too to have an icon in the app menu? i know it sounds nooby

Why do we need a new friggin thread with CAPS in it every time someone has an issue installing a pre game. Use the existing threads and stop cluttering up the forums which are already to crowded with new threads for questions answered MANY times before.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

sorry Bratag but i couldn't find the answer to my question in any other posts I kept searching for 2 days about that silly query. BTW I was 100% sure somebody was going to post ur post in here

Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
should i move the appinfo.json and icon to nova directory too to have an icon in the app menu? i know it sounds nooby
No need. Just navigate to the directory that hold NOVA's appinfo.json file as root in the xterm and type:

preenv <hit enter>

desktopgen appinfo.json <hit enter>

And yeah, if you were 100% sure that someone would voice the same concerns noted by Bratag, then maybe you should have taken that as a sign that a new thread was not needed?

I swear, I would've answered your questions even if you posted this in any of the already exisitng preenv treads.

The Following User Says Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post:
thx cddiede for your assisstance and patience
__________________________________________________ _______
travelling out

just curious if anyone else has had this problem: installed nova, it runs with no errors, but I only get a black screen. No matter how long I wait, or how many times i tap the screen I still only get a black screen. When I check the terminal i ran the application from I get no errors, no seg faults, all looks to be running fine. But I cant play the game. Anyone have any ideas?

edit: I have several other games running just fine including asphalt 5, brothers in arms, heros of sparta, lets golf, monopoly, nfsu, oregon trail, the settlers, sims, xplane; so its not like i dont know what i'm doing, i just cant get nova to work

Last edited by lfcobra; 2010-11-01 at 17:30.

Originally Posted by lfcobra View Post
just curious if anyone else has had this problem: installed nova, it runs with no errors, but I only get a black screen.

Did you run this on the xterm as root:

apt-get install libsdl-net1.2

http://wiki.maemo.org/Preenv/FAQ#How...V.A_working.3F

Also, AFAIK N.O.V.A requires a multi-touch device like an Iphone, because you have to use two fingers at the same time. (one for moving character, another is for moving sight(not sure if this is the correct word in English) pointer.

Closed Thread