Active Topics

Hi all,

This is my first post on forum because i really need your help.

I've tried to modify my N800 to simply "look better" and this involved editing all posible icons in png format. I've tried to make all of them look more like on N900

All goes good, maemo recognized all icons perfectly. All changes to files or uploading new ones to my Nokia N800 was done on Ubuntu 10.04 (My N800 boots from SD Card). But i've made two things which broke my N800

First. I've done a clean install of Ubuntu 10.10 Netbook & i've installed a telescope launcher from Extras-Devel. After installing ubuntu 10.10 i've wanted to upload newerly edited icons on my n800. I've done all like i do previous times:
sudo nautilus and manually copy files from hdd to sd card with maemo. No errors, all goes fine.

The problem is that after i've done copying and boot n800 then all my icons are gone Simply - only blank space left.
"Images" app tells me that they're all "Unable to open" the problem is that i can open (and edit) them on ubuntu and they don't seen broken. Funny is that some of them are working fine: edited or not. I've tried to compare files but none effects. It just seem that uploading file to n800 broke them to maemo os.

I've also tried to update icon cache - no effect.

I've run out of ideas. Maybe you guys can help a little? Or maybe trace me to the source of problem.

OS Version: 5.2010.33-1

The Following User Says Thank You to A77 For This Useful Post:
Check file location/file permissions.

Originally Posted by tekplay View Post
Check file location/file permissions.
Jesus, that was so simple.

Works like a charm and i know where my fault was: i've always started nautilus as root.