Posts: 199 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Philippines
how do i uninstall uboot? i always get this error even im conncted to wifi..
Attached Images

You forgot the "install".

Also, please don't post screenshots of purely textual information.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 199 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Philippines
sorry about that.. but unfotunately.. uboot is still installed.. i have uninstalled it via app man then run the command to install kernel flasher but u boot is still there..

how can i remove it?

what i did was uninstall uboot, then reinstall the titan kernel (including the flasher(kernel-power,kernel-power-flasher,kernel-power-modules, i think)), and it just put back that kernel without uboot

The Following User Says Thank You to HellDragon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 177 | Thanked: 199 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Concepcion, Chile
apt-get --reinstall install kernel
apt-get --reinstall install kernel-flasher

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rlinfati For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kulas View Post
uboot is still installed..
Sorry for the confusion, I meant the word "install" in the command line, ie

Code:
apt-get install --reinstall kernel-flasher
as stated here.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I think so far, it has been shown that simply apt-getting the normal kernel, as repeatedly suggested here, doesn't actually get rid of uboot (at least the uboot in the devel repo). However, if you flash to the Power Kernel in the repository, that will get rid of uboot. Then you can install normal PR1.3 kernel over the Power Kernel, and it should be fine.

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
I think so far, it has been shown that simply apt-getting the normal kernel, as repeatedly suggested here, doesn't actually get rid of uboot.
Hm... In Diablo the kernel-diablo-flasher package doesn't actually flash the kernel to the mtd. That part of the process is initiated by the application manager (triggered by a "Maemo-Flags: flash-and-reboot" header in the package) so it doesn't happen when (re)installing via apt. One has to run /usr/bin/flash-and-reboot manually to do it in this case.

I'm not sure if Fremantle is similar, but if so someone should update the wiki with more complete instructions.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Well, I just run:
Code:
softupd --local -s -vv
...and in a separate terminal:
Code:
flasher --local -f -k [kernel image]
...(or, now that I got my hands on the binary, just this instead of the other two: )
Code:
fiasco-flasher -f -k [kernel image]
. None of this apt-get voodoo. Just get the proper kernel/fiasco image, and you're set.

Not sure how equivalent to flash-and-reboot this is. I thought fiasco-flasher was available on the earlier systems too?

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Not sure how equivalent to flash-and-reboot this is.
The flash-and-reboot script basically uses fiasco-flasher to update the kernel and/or initfs partition (that one's no longer present on the N900 anyway) and then sends a reboot request to mce via dbus.

Based on http://repository.maemo.org/pool/fre...03+0m5.diff.gz, the new equivalent might be /sbin/fiasco-image-update and that gets invoked by the kernel-flasher post-install script so an apt reinstall may be enough after all (but don't take my word for it).