Active Topics

pls any 1 tell me how it work cause when i run h-e-n

whn i run it......

your kernel no proper matching version of hostmode API!
version 20101110 required
kernel-power v46 is suggested

Error! Current kernel version 2.6.28-omap1

always show this messege.............

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I don't think it's the backside of his N900 that needs adjusting. His head, on the other hand....

- Edit -

Go to the multiboot threads, and the power kernel threads, and read. Your problem is only indirectly connected to h-e-n. Your problem is that you obviously aren't listening to the fact that with multiboot installed, there are special steps you have to take before you can boot with power kernel. If you can't figure out how to do that, you don't need multiboot, so my recommendation is uninstall multiboot (or bootmenu, or both if for some reason you installed those), THEN reboot, THEN reinstall power kernel again, and then reboot again. If you aren't willing to figure out how to make Multiboot load the power kernel, something there's plenty of information on, then you should just uninstall multiboot. And if you go that route, you should go through all of the above steps. If you don't do them, in that order, **** might still not work, and then everyone will be less happy.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2010-11-26 at 06:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
pls help any 1..................

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
genisoimage - Creates ISO-9660 CD-ROM filesystem images
wodim - command line CD/DVD writing tool

Use google (or search for their manpages) for instructions, I uploaded them to -devel a long time ago.
Brother Mohammad, can we use our evo devices? I mean the USB device to use internet on N900? are drivers easy to compile?

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
wow, some ppl....

this is alpha stage USB hostmode, it is not a simple plug-n-play USB HM like N8.

it is in extras-devel, so it may very well make your N900 burst into flames.

dont know much about linux/computers? then leave it alone.

too many ppl who dont know nearly enough about what they are messing with make it hard for developers and ppl who do know their sh*t to develop this sh*t !!

sorry if I offended anyone, I had zero intentions of that... but it had to be said ..!

Last edited by F2thaK; 2010-11-26 at 06:57.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
wow, some ppl....

this is alpha stage USB hostmode, it is not a simple plug-n-play USB HM like N8.

it is in extras-devel, so it may very well make your N900 burst into flames.

dont know much about linux/computers? then leave it alone.

too many ppl who dont know nearly enough about what they are messing with make it hard for developers and ppl who do know their sh*t to develop this sh*t !!

sorry but it had to be said ..!

i think u r sh't cause..... this is called programing........ n8 provide built in but programmer do that manually....... they r great...........

If you demand help every 4 minutes no-one will help you..

Plus you are filling this thread with useless "help me" posts.

I will leave it at that, as I am now doing the above (almost).

Last edited by F2thaK; 2010-11-26 at 07:03.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by Me, just a little bit ago
Go to the multiboot threads, and the power kernel threads, and read. Your problem is only indirectly connected to h-e-n. Your problem is that you obviously aren't listening to the fact that with multiboot installed, there are special steps you have to take before you can boot with power kernel. If you can't figure out how to do that, you don't need multiboot, so my recommendation is uninstall multiboot (or bootmenu, or both if for some reason you installed those), THEN reboot, THEN reinstall power kernel again, and then reboot again. If you aren't willing to figure out how to make Multiboot load the power kernel, something there's plenty of information on, then you should just uninstall multiboot. And if you go that route, you should go through all of the above steps. If you don't do them, in that order, **** might still not work, and then everyone will be less happy.
Did you try this yet? (I repost because I edited it in to my last post, so I realize you may have made an honest mistake and not noticed it.)

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
It may have been suggested already, but this "Micro USB Type A to USB Female Type A" cable from Digikey for $10/£7 would be ideal: US site link, UK site link.

It's confirmed as working with the Archos USB Host Mode in this thread.

Or there is the official Nokia "Adapter Cable for USB OTG", the CA-157 (this is the USB OTG cable accessory supplied with the N8).

The CA-157 appears to be available from Amazon here for £6.50 (plus shipping) but I can't find it anywhere else or from Nokia which might make the Amazon link seem suspicious but given past experience of Nokia accessories this is actually quite normal.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
its so perrdy... (the nokia one)

Tags
bada rox, detection, h-e-n, hostmode, speed, usb host