Hi!

I'd like to ask you experienced users and developers:

Will MeeGo ever run quickly on N900 in future? If it even can be tuned and optimized for N900's hardware.

Thanks

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Wolverhampton
Originally Posted by Biges View Post
Hi!

I'd like to ask you experienced users and developers:

Will MeeGo ever run quickly on N900 in future? If it even can be tuned and optimized for N900's hardware.

Thanks
I'm sure it would otherwise why bother ?

Maybe this answers my question to some extent?

http://meego.com/community/blogs/har...o-calling-n900

Simple answer , Yes. Expect suprises in March / April may be earlier

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ CT, USA
The UI looks pretty good here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWtMLs3j09U but applications seem to load slowly, perhaps due to the SD card? I haven't messed around with Meego images yet, so I don't know.

Early versions of Meego running on Aava mobile show it running smooth, so I'd think the memory card might be a big factor on the speeds on N900

You can also overclock for better speed and get a higher class SD card, a higher class made a big difference for me.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I'm sure MeeGo will run decently on n900 hardware, but by the time it comes out; the 'competitions' may already make yet another step or two forward, so the grass on the other side will look greener still.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Well, it better allow overclocking with MeeGo on the N900. Default 600Mhz to 1GHz is a BIG difference even in Maemo. So I'm sure it'll do wonders for MeeGo. =)

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Have you seen MeeGo build with the HW acceleration? That was pretty fast! But they didn't release the HW acceleration with this build is because they said that's it's way too buggy for them to include it in this build.. but it will be added later (according to them around the 1.2 release)... So yeah..

The Following User Says Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post: