Active Topics

Poll: Will you be buying a Samsung Galaxy Tab?
Poll Options
Will you be buying a Samsung Galaxy Tab?

For me, with dual-core ARM processors just around the corner, I can't see myself buying any more single-core computers.

What are your thoughts?

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
No.

10 chars

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
No.

7" is too small for a tablet imo, and Android (2.2 at least) isnt very good for any kind of actual productivity on a tablet.
Also, it's laughably expensive.

As soon as it runs full Linux

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
It's a great device for non geeks. Not too big, not to small. Quick, fashionable, pleasant to use.
Cons: proprietary connector, not-too-great camera.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
I was definitely going to get one until the price was revealed. Now I am waiting to see what HTC has to offer or if there any other sensibly priced options.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
No.

I think that paying $60 a month for phone access is crazy, regardless of the kind of phone. I think that phones are mostly hype and that most people who are buying expensive ones are wasting their money, kind of like the many, many people who buy a computer that has all kinds of fancy capabilities and then use it to send email. This is basically charity for tech companies.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
I will most likely get one. There are many metrics beyond processor speed that make a quality device and the Tab is incredibly well rounded in this regard. While there are faster units coming out, I suspect that the Tab will continue handle most tasks very well.

All of this is subjective, but I feel the Tab has:
- Excellent screen
- Excellent capacitive touch
- Excellent form factor/weight
- Excellent OS (please try not to yell!)
- Excellent battery life
- Excellent suite of software out-of-the-box
- Excellent performance

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
No.

I think that paying $60 a month for phone access is crazy, regardless of the kind of phone. I think that phones are mostly hype and that most people who are buying expensive ones are wasting their money, kind of like the many, many people who buy a computer that has all kinds of fancy capabilities and then use it to send email. This is basically charity for tech companies.
Not all of us are like this. For me, I use VoIP exclusively for calls, and will use prepaid 3G for those times I really need it for calls or internet connectivity.

I wish my N810 had a cellular WAN connection as it would have been so much more useful to me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
Not all of us are like this. For me, I use VoIP exclusively for calls, and will use prepaid 3G for those times I really need it for calls or internet connectivity.
I agree.

Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
I wish my N810 had a cellular WAN connection as it would have been so much more useful to me.
I disagree. But isn't it nice that there will be several versions of the Galaxy Tab so that people such as myself have the option to buy a far more computer-like, somewhat cheaper and less radio-laden version of such a device, unlike some purported former Internet Tablet lineage devices?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post: