Active Topics

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2010 @ France
Hi people, I would like to replace my N900 by a black Nokia E7 with Maemo5 inside, what do you think guys ? could it be possible one day ? am I alone who have this wish ? thanks for your reply.
Please Nokia could you make that for Christmas...

Last edited by dtergens; 2010-11-10 at 15:14.

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Reunion Island
no multitouch support in maemo5... this would certainly be an issue, and the n8 hasn't been moded so far to accept an other OS so might not happen.
that's only my point of view

PC :
MSi K9N2 Diamond, AMD Phenom 9950 BE @ 3.2ghz, 2x2GO DDR2 G.Skill Extreme Pi Black PC8500, Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 4890 Vapor-X, Hitachi 1To sata II

Thanks, but I think that nokia could find a solution to resolve an issue like this one.

Originally Posted by dtergens View Post
Thanks, but I think that nokia could find a solution to resolve an issue like this one.
That assumes Nokia even remotely cares about Maemo 5. All evidence points to the contrary (and the recent firmware update with a few changes does not change that).

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by dtergens View Post
The closest solution to your problem is known as MeeGo.

Posts: 205 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ manila, philippines
yes and eventually it can be skinned to look like maemo5

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
The closest solution to your problem is known as MeeGo.

Yes but no, there will be a too long time to wait for have the N9, and I'm not talking about a nice meego finish release inside...
Maemo 5 is really the best experienced OS actually for me, personnaly I don't want to see it die now, at least until meego will really exceed it one day.

Sorry for my bad english

Edit : about multitouch, remember guys what was planned with maemo 6 before ...

Last edited by dtergens; 2010-11-10 at 15:13.

For one moment when i read the titlle, i though that nokia going to put maemo on others phones and support it, but then got down when read the thread.

Anyway, i don't think nokia put effort on do that.

Grettings.

The Following User Says Thank You to s4br0s0 For This Useful Post:
cpu is too weak for maemo

So they just have to make one for symbian^3 and another one for maemo 5, what else ?

However, this would be my dream phone at this time, anybody else ?

Last edited by dtergens; 2010-11-10 at 15:34.

Tags
look! a fail, still failing