Active Topics

Notices

Afternoon people.

I have set up the standard RSS widget on my desktop for my n900.

Have got a feed to an n900 application site. Have noticed that if i hit the refresh button widget it just sits there and does nothing and remains with the stop option. Sometimes it does seem to work for refreshing though. If i go into the RSS app and refresh then the widget will also refresh.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Dean

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Southern Germany
I got rid of that widget because of several reasons of which the one you mentioned was only one. It has been replaced by FeedingIt which is more sophisticated and comes with a desktop widget. Very slick thing.

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
mine has always worked great, i only have 8 subscriptions, it may be one of your subscriptions thats stuck

I only have the one subscription. Can I get a mixed opinion on different rss apps which include widgets please. Then I can try and pick another one!

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
I used to use it, had the same issue, now use feedingit, much better

feeding it installed. Shame cant make widget any bigger but looks to do the job. Thanks for advice as usual fellow maemoers.

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Originally Posted by dekor View Post
feeding it installed. Shame cant make widget any bigger but looks to do the job. Thanks for advice as usual fellow maemoers.
i don't use the widget anymore, i just have a shortcut icon to it.