Active Topics

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
One of the things discussed at last night's meamo-meeting was the fact that your council are all going to be at the MeeGo conference next week. Aside from a serious agenda of consuming beer together, and then more beer with the maemo staff, we agreed it would be important to keep in touch with the community while we're there.

So that's what this thread is for. During the conference, however busy we are we will try to check this thread. If you hear or read something and want us to go and ask questions, post them here. If you want to find out how we've got on (or whether we've fallen out and are not speaking each other), you'll find it here. We'll try to keep some sort of real time reactions in here. Blogging our well thought out responses will come afterwards: this will be a bit raw.

If you can't get into here to post something, you can always reach us on our collective email: council(at)maemo.org and we'll also be following the hashtag #maemo-council on twitter (someone correct me if that hashtag is wrong!)

And now I'm off to pack: do I need my bikini and sunscreen for Dublin in November?

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
You can probably do without the sunscreen...

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Newquay airport may just be the world's smallest international airport. Certainly the quietest this Sunday morning!

While I've never been to St Mawgan, I bet Inverness Airport runs it close for size...

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ireland
you will get a lovely colour (color) ;-) here in Dublin at the min.......blue..... it's cold

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
I have a question about beer consuming agenda. Can anyone ping me when you'll have ongoing plans?

Beer consuming tonight commences at 7pm outside aviva when the busses leave for complimentary trip to the guinness centre (museum of stout?) There will be a large number of busses arriving in pairs, so you will be seeing double before you start.

Council actually met (finally) and we seaked into the TV studio room for a chat. with the pitch backdrop behind us we sat around the table and concluded that maemo.org was a game of two halves, that the devs needed to be strong in attack and that Nokia had defended well. There had been some interesting corners, and one or two bad cases of handling, but that referee QGil had had a good match. It was too close to call who would be man of the match.
nd that was before the beer.

Have to be up in an hour to dish out soccer tickets: really should get some sleep!
In other news. we heard a rumour that Lcuk planned to create a nerw app featuring disco lighting. It was our opinion that 'liq-balls' was an app too far. A

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post: