Active Topics

Hi,

I have updated some python packages to their latest versions available (using apt-get install). Now, some of my apps (wifieye, swappolube, gonvert, and may more) start loading and then are just exiting to the desktop screen.
I am using PR1.3 and only extras repository is enabled (not devel neither testing). How can I reinstall old compatible python packages?

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to ikerrg For This Useful Post:
I've discovered executing wifieye in the commandline the following error:
RuntimeError: the sip module implements API v8.0 but the PyQt4.QtCore module requires API v7.1.

Does this have any sense for you? How can I fix it?

Fixed!!
I have downgraded the python2.5-sip4 to the old version 4.10.5 instead of the updated 4.11. Now all the apps are working. It seems a problem with sip4 dependencies.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ikerrg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 152 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ void
Thanks! I was trying to install swappolube. At first apt-get showed dependencies error and was looking for python2.5-qt4-maemo0 (4.7.4) instead of the installed version 4.7.5. Then apt-get install python2.5-qt4-common=4.7.4, which python2.5-qt4-maemo0 depends on. Swappolube installed but ran & quit in a few seconds.
After apt-get install python2.5-sip4=4.10.5-maemo0, swappolube worked again.

I bumpt into the same conflict! Have you guys came across any solutions? Thanks!

Originally Posted by bobaseth View Post
I bumpt into the same conflict! Have you guys came across any solutions? Thanks!
It is in the previous posts. Try issuing the command "apt-get install python2.5-sip4=4.10.5-maemo0"

Python-Pygame is also broken at the moment as libsdl has moved to newer version . Need the owner to re-build pygame against the latest libsdl1.3

I have emailed the maintainer to see if he can rebuild

Last edited by mikec; 2010-11-14 at 12:27.

Originally Posted by ikerrg View Post
It is in the previous posts. Try issuing the command "apt-get install python2.5-sip4=4.10.5-maemo0"
Forgive me "ikerrg" if there's any dupliacation in contacting you for I'm new at this. After I my input of "apt-get install python2.5-sip4=4.10.5-maemo0" I got "E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (13 permission denied)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), are you root?

Did I do it right and if so what next. Thanks man!

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
Forgive me "ikerrg" if there's any dupliacation in contacting you for I'm new at this. After I my input of "apt-get install python2.5-sip4=4.10.5-maemo0" I got "E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (13 permission denied)

you really shouldn't mess with any apt-get command if you don't even know whats root is.
trust me its better for you

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

You need to run apt-get as root.

To do this you need to input

sudo gainroot

@Atilla - I disagree entirely; we should educate not leave people in the dark.