Active Topics

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by impeham View Post
i am trying to recalibrate the N900 to my dual scud battery according to Estel's great guide (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=846)
For calibrating the dual-scud, just leave your N900 without battery for one night and then fully charge and fully discharge. This worked for me, cause the chip was reset and started from 2056.
Nevertheless shadowjk meant to just check CSOC to reach 100% (normal capacity) and then do not fully charge up, so the capacity jump up is not so extreme.
Charge for about 2 1/2 hours, check CSOC to 100 and then charge a little bit more (less than 1 h). So next discharge will last for a bit more of capacity, but not dual capacity.

After VDQ=1 (battery is full) I disconnect the charger and run "stop bme".
Did you stop BME during discharge?
This is not useful, as this was mentioned for using charge script,
But this may be answered better by Estel or shadowjk, _dr_frost_dk_.

Hope this helps.

For me calibrating dual-scud was piece of cake,
But now I can not get my single battery calibrated anymore. I think my problem is not living long enough at end of battery for setting EDV=1 ?

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Just want to say that i have nothing to do with the charge script, i do admire it, but all my testing was done with equipment not the N900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post

Yes - i stopped BME because i cannot get to less than 3250mv with it set to on, so i charge when BME is on, and after i disconnect the charger (after VDQ=1) i run "stop bme" and continue the described process for discharge.

Is this process wrong?

One more question for something i didn't understand - does it matter how i charge? for example - can i charge during backupmenu creating a backup, reboot (but not getting to a full charge where VDQ should become 1) and continue the process i described above?

Is there a reason to do the charge with the charge script instead of BME?

dr_frost_dk - from the schematic i see in the 2nd post, i don't understand why there are connections to the cover. soldering a wire between + and +, - and - of the two batteries is not the only thing needed?

Last edited by impeham; 2012-02-21 at 23:36.

Yes soldering a wire from + to + and - to - is the only thing that's needed, then of course connecting it to the circuit (plastic top/connector).

The wires going to my cover is my way of charging my N900, i can charge it via USB like normal, but i use the cheap charger from DX that i link to somewhere, i can of course use any charger just as long as i limit input power to 2500-3000mA, this means i can charge it up VERY fast if needed (normal charging is 500-1200mA)

Also i can use that charge port to power external components, like my DIY mini addon AMP (link in signature), or power a HIGH power LED for VIDEO rec with proper light, or IR LED for HIGH power night vision Video recording.
The charge port (2mm DC Nokia Plug, like all other nokia phones use) is connected DIRECTLY to the battery's before the circuit, this is why i can Charge/Drain high currents

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Yes - i stopped BME because i cannot get to less than 3250mv with it set to on, so i charge when BME is on, and after i disconnect the charger (after VDQ=1) i run "stop bme" and continue the described process for discharge.

Is this process wrong?

One more question for something i didn't understand - does it matter how i charge? for example - can i charge during backupmenu creating a backup, reboot (but not getting to a full charge where VDQ should become 1) and continue the process i described above?

Is there a reason to do the charge with the charge script instead of BME?
I am also just user at this point, but I will try to explain.
The charger script may be useful for charging "better", but not for dual-scud. Or/and using H-E-N and charging at the same time needs it.
I would say your process is wrong. Just leave your devicew without battery overnight and charge normally (with BME until diode goes green). Discharge completely and maybe at the end of discharge process go into offline mode and dim screen not to use too much power, so you can reach EDV=1 (same counts for me ).
Your last scenario is weird or I do not understand. You just have to charge your battery fully (however, off/on/using). and then get a discharge process managed (down to about 3200mV) without any reboots. That should do the trick.
Hope this was/is correct (Estel?).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Any tips on how to disassemble the circuit board at the top of the scud battery? I can't figure out how to take the casing off.

Originally Posted by spencer8ab View Post
Any tips on how to disassemble the circuit board at the top of the scud battery? I can't figure out how to take the casing off.
I have a video in Post #2 under --------- Disassemble Battery ---------

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on May 2011 @ india
sorry it's off topic but problem related to battery so asking here.
I have Bl 5j battery which comes with my another phone nokia 5233 problem is when i receive a call phone just switched off so i replace it in my N900. in N900 same problem appear so problem is in battery. Is there any way to solve this ?

Try another battery, you have loads to chose from, but always recommended is the SCUD.

I mean the protector circuit at the top of the battery, not the battery itself.

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc