Posts: 189 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Hello,

I'm using titans Kernels with joy, i like it until now.....v45
I was using v42 with a lot of happynis, espaccially the overclock part. I tried v45 but then i have this pinguin (that's OK), and this Uboot thing. I never used any other kernel that the stock one. But with v45 it's stopt during boot. Somehow it's regonizing a boot part on the smmc sd card. I have to enter run noloboot, than it runs fine. Without a sd card inserted also no problems.

BUT why put in the uboot thing??? Many people have trouble with this,reading the many post on the forum.

How many people are really using this uboot/multiboot option??? Most of the users want a stable custum kernel, with overclock option, because the stock nokia's one is very bad,full of bugs,laggy and it can't even record video's without stuttering...

Titan has provided a good kernel v42, that's included the PR1.3 fixes. I'am happy with this one. USB mode support is a nice addon, for the newer versions. I liked that one...in v45

So my suggestion is, remove that uboot option, if some users want to use that, there is a separate program/download install for it

Why not stick to optify the stock kernel,with add some usefull extra's such as overclock option??

Maybe titan can look at matan's hildon-desktop for reduce cpu usage in idle mode????

Nokia provide us a great device/hardware, but lacks in the software.... how diapointing

Al that we want is a stable, fast, bug free device!

So far i'm happy with titans kernel v42 I reverted to it, because i don't need uboot option

Last edited by N900@900MHz; 2010-11-16 at 06:49. Reason: some people are falling about "crap"

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to N900@900MHz For This Useful Post:
sorry i disagree with you there. i have no problems with uboot, and appreciate it being included as meego looms, :P

The Following User Says Thank You to porselinaheart For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
yeaaaa ur right
*sighs*

There's simply a glitch in Titan's kernel, which will need to be fixed at some point(It seems to depend on the hardware version). Do note that this is experimental software; you can't rely on it being bug-free; If you don't want bugs, you can always use the stock kernel.
OC freqs: 0:22,90 125:22,90 250:28,180 500:30,360 550:32,400 600:34,430 700:39,430 750:41,430 805:45,430 850:47,500 900:50,500 950:54,500 1000:58,500 1100:67,520 1150:71,520

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RobbieThe1st For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by N900@900MHz View Post
Most of the users want a stable custum kernel, with overclock option, because the stock nokia's one is very bad,full of bugs,laggy and it can't even record video's without stuttering...
In addition to new features in titan kernel what bug fixes & tweaks have been made to titanīs kernel when compared to kernel in Pr 1.3?

btw. If you want constructive discussion you might want to reconsider the style/way how you are coming off with your opinion.

Last edited by slender; 2010-11-15 at 09:50.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
just stay on v42 if you don't want further kernel enhancements badly enough to put up with a few seconds delay on boot. I haven't dual-booted my phone at all yet as I am very happy with maemo and I don't want to waste time potentially having to reflash my phone (due to WIP software) as it's an essential 24x7 comms device for me. however that doesn't mean that I won't eventually want to dual-boot at some future time when the process is seamless and stable and I still have a useable phone in the other OS - so I for one understand the point of uboot and appreciate the work that's ongoing.

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.

Last edited by Pigro; 2010-11-15 at 10:00.

Originally Posted by RobbieThe1st View Post
There's simply a glitch in Titan's kernel, which will need to be fixed at some point(It seems to depend on the hardware version). Do note that this is experimental software; you can't rely on it being bug-free; If you don't want bugs, you can always use the stock kernel.
So far i have no issues with titans kernel v42.
I tried v45, that one also works fine, but the side affect is that i have to enter run noloboot at boot, so first i have to interupt the autoboot and than run.... That is not very handy.
But when i remove the sd card, it boots normal to maemo titans kernel, without enter run...

So the solution is to remove to boot option from the sd card, how do i do that, or go back to v42. I decided to choose for v42, after reading some post here about people having a lot of trouble with v45.

My question is how may people are really using the uboot option, and how many peolple are using titans kernel just for the overclock option?

Maybe is it better to have uboot as separate download/install option for people who want to use this.

I know that al this software is experimental, but nokia has done a terrible job, give us a great device, with worse uncompleted software, see for example ovi maps, still no voice guiding after more than a year of introduction! No stutter free video recording with stock kernel! And that for the most expensive device that they deliver!

So i'm very pleassed that some people here made some software that truelly works, and that for free!
Nokia can learning from that!

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
okay, we disscussed it, and if YOU don't like it - we will remove it, any other wishes my master?
uboot as kernel-power kernels are for power users at least, if u not one of them, you shouldn't use it, if you are one of them - you should know how to fix it =)

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
okay, we disscussed it, and if YOU don't like it - we will remove it, any other wishes my master?
uboot as kernel-power kernels are for power users at least, if u not one of them, you shouldn't use it, if you are one of them - you should know how to fix it =)
Wow what a reaction! Monday morning???

The only discussion i want, how many people are really using this uboot option, and how many don't???
If there are not so many people are using it, than better remove it, and provide it as a separate installer. So people have a choice what they want to use or not.

and maybe there are some "power users" wich are not so "powered" to know anything from Maemo/linux. There this forum is for to learn from eachother???

So if youre so a geek, who knows it all, explain to me how i do have to use this uboot option, or how i remove te boot option from my sd card, without loosing my dat on it.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by N900@900MHz View Post
Wow what a reaction! Monday morning???
Actually that was my first thought when I read your post and thatīs why I tried to hint that you might get punches back.

Tags
it's raining, noobs