Active Topics

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Scotland
Hi im a new user and also new to maemo. right as you can see from the title i have a problem with a game that i am trying to get from nokias ovi store. the game is called angery birds and its for free, the only problem is that when i click on download it begins the normal procedure (small download bar appers on the application manager) but when it begins to download it failf with this message "could not install angery birds cannot find file" some thing on those lines. so can any 1 please help thanks

regrads frozen

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Hello and welcome to community! For future reference, saying an error message is "could not install or something along those lines" is not really helpful. To figure out what the problem is, we really need to know that the exact error message is.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Create a .install file containing this:

Code:
[install]
catalogues = nokia-ovi-store
package   = angrybirds

[nokia-ovi-store]
id = ovi
file=variant-catalogues
Then when you do just run that...

The Following User Says Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Sounds like its probably just the Ovi website. Ive had downloads fail from it a few times in the past. I would suggest reporting it to them and then waiting patiently................

meamo 5 might also need an update, pr1.3 is the current version

would I use the s terminial for the code? sorry for sounding a bit of a nood but i just done have a clue on how to do it.

the error message says " unable to download angery birds application package not found" hope the new info helps

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by frozenholmes View Post
the error message says " unable to download angery birds application package not found" hope the new info helps
No, easiest way is to create a txt file on your computer then change the file extention to .install and have that code written in there..

Here, I made it easier for you click on this: http://dl.farahfa.com/angrybirds.install

Last edited by bandora; 2010-11-16 at 19:12.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
No, easiest way is to create a txt file on your computer then change the file extention to .install and have that code written in there..

Here, I made it easier for you click on this: http://dl.farahfa.com/angrybirds.install
thanks for your help bandora but i still keep getting the same error message. i think i might have to update maemo 5 or report this problem ovi just like famdango said. but if you have more solutions please do tell.

thanks

Originally Posted by frozenholmes View Post
thanks for your help bandora but i still keep getting the same error message. i think i might have to update maemo 5 or report this problem ovi just like famdango said. but if you have more solutions please do tell.

thanks
When I go back home I'll upload the deb for the free version for you...

While I have the same issue as the OP - namely that the Ovi Store link tells me to update my device (which is up to date on PR1.3), I was able to install Angry Birds by creating the .install file (note I created it in vi, not realising that someone had put a link to the file, doh!)

Thanks