Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
I am pleased to announce the first release of cuteTube, my YouTube client for the N900. Features include:
  • Browse, search, play and download YouTube, Dailymotion and Vimeo videos.
  • Rate videos and view/add comments.
  • Share videos via Twitter and Facebook.
  • Manage your YouTube/Dailymotion/Vimeo account(s). You can add multiple accounts and switch between them dynamically.
  • Create, edit and view your playlists, subscriptions and favourites.
  • Create an 'on the go' playback queue.
  • Full auto-rotation support in all windows and dialogs.

UPDATE - 24/03/13:

Version 1.7.1 is now available from extras-devel. Changelog:

* Fixed error in dismissing progress dialog when using external video player.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2013-03-24 at 14:53. Reason: version 1.7.1 now available

The Following 298 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
7thd, aamirgigani, aanckar, abdel_95, abufaisal.o, adrianmilev, afaq, ahmadka, ajwatt, alexff, aligatro, AlMehdi, amh, anapospastos, AndiThebest, Andy1210, anismistry, Aranel, arcean, Arif, arnoldux, ayos!, bald.eagle.one, bencoh, BentL, berlinermaxe, bigears5000, Bigmac_hk, bingbings, Blacksphere, Blaizzen, BLC, BLIZZARD, boldap, borghal, Boxeri, br1zer, Brian_7, Bundyo, burwat292596, Carlito, CarstenDutch, casketizer, casper27, ceevee, CepiPerez, Changegames, cheve, chfoo, chill, Chrome, cjp, ck2nb, clasificado, cloud596, codeMonkey, confusedfella, corduroysack, cosmin, Crashdamage, crazy_agent, Crogge, Crugath, Cue, CutterSlade, DA5, Dancairo, daperl, Darkwolf, Dark_Angel85, dashti, DaSilva, datjomp, debernardis, demolition, dhanurdhar, direx, drangina, droitwichgas, Duffer, Duke, dwaradzyn, ed00, ejasmudar, El Amir, elie-7, eme, eMiL, engige, enne30, eno1eno, ersanpermana, et3rnal, etuoyo, evan, F2thaK, Fatalist, fatcobrah, Faz, fleetwood, freemangordon, frostbyte, funkmunk, gabby131, Gabeuk, generationally, geneven, geobueck, getnani, gidyn, gidzzz, gilead, gilesn, gionni88, gixx, gordonshowers, grzegk, heartbreakdoctor, Helmuth, hesham, Hmoobwarrior, Honza., HtheB, hycraig, iDont, illo1977, ingvay7, ioan, ironm8, ivnvir, ivyking, jacktanner, jaeezzy, jakiman, JamesBond@ge, jbw89, jcharpak, Jenason, jkq, John McClane, joppu, Joseph9560, jr1415us, juahan, justmemory, kamil365, Kee, Ken-Young, keve, kevloral, khuong, kopele, Kriek, Kuartzer, latindark, lattenwald, leetnoob, leoniedelt, lexik, lidow, LippiVan, lolloo, lsolano, luuug, MaddogG, maddude, Maharadja, Maj3stic, manavs, mannakiosk, mariuscm, Marklar, Marshall Banana, MartinK, martycollinsesq, matts76, mece, mehulrajput, mikec, mikki-kun, Minhaz, mivoligo, MJGibb, moepda, MohammadAG, mpi, mr id, Mr.bot, mrexcess, musculus, MyNokiaN900, n900newb, n900_, nahci13, Natan_xy, nathaneous, Netweaver, nishkarsh, nokiabot, NokTokDaddy, noobmonkey, OVK, oz87, panjgoori, parasight, PathFinder@9GS, pedrolucasbp, Petteri, phapsubongtoi, philh, pichlo, pirateman, pisthpeeps, pkz, playbeyond, prince2117, quanttrom, rajil.s, ranbaxy, Rauha, raver2011, RAZOR, rcolistete, rdwrig0ceo, retsaw, rfa, richwhite, rmoravcik, rslick, ryusilva, sadfist, SalmanAbbas, samipower, sands.m, saned, sbock, Schturman, shazosbourne, shiny, sifo, slappy, slender, smartypants, smoothc, sony123, sowwhatyoureap, Stealth131, stlpaul, stone17, Stonik, strange1712, Strawman, syncdot, taike_hk, tecs, Temporal, Tensuke, TheBootroo, TheBurek, TheToimelias, tHMZ, ThomasAH, Tiboric, Tiran, tissot, tobasmogaster, TobiasReaper, tonyhuynh, Toothpick36, travik, traysh, Trestry, Twidi, udaychaitanya16, uhbhatti88, ukaef, v13, vdx29, Veix, Veleno, verrnum, victorevo, videohese, vijays, viv, Wikiwide, woussie, xuggs, ysss, zetagi, zincholic, zlatko
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Wow, looks very nice! I Like the way you made the main menu like the mediaplayer. Ill try it soon!

The Following User Says Thank You to Maharadja For This Useful Post:
yeah this looks really nice thanks gonna try it out in a moment

Looks like the best YouTube player for Maemo!
Is it possible to select the quality (resolution like 360p, 480p, 720p etc.)?

The Following User Says Thank You to DaSilva For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
Looks like the best YouTube player for Maemo!
Is it possible to select the quality (resolution like 360p, 480p, 720p etc.)?
Thanks. At the moment cuteTube plays/downloads the mp4 stream (fmt 18). I'm not sure that it would be practical to attempt playback of the highest quality streams, but I could provide an option to select higher quality for downloads.

My website

GitHub

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maharadja View Post
Wow, looks very nice! I Like the way you made the main menu like the mediaplayer. Ill try it soon!
I'm not very imaginative when it comes to UI, so I just copied mediaplayer. I need better icons, though you can at least see my crappy icons in portrait mode.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
wow this is really great!
thank you!

btw: get a free dropbox account for the next time. it has direct download and no wait

The Following User Says Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Looks good. After I get done installing nitdroid, I'll have to give this a shot.

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Thanks. At the moment cuteTube plays/downloads the mp4 stream (fmt 18). I'm not sure that it would be practical to attempt playback of the highest quality streams, but I could provide an option to select higher quality for downloads.
fmt 18 is 360p. Is it possible to playback 480p (fmt 35 or 43)? The 480p video has a horizontal size of 854. I guess you can trim a little to fit to the 800 pixel of N900 display.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Karachi
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
this would be brilliant, thanks much in advance!

The Following User Says Thank You to uhbhatti88 For This Useful Post:

Tags
youtube