Posts: 29 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Hello,
when I listen to music (via headset) or have a call and friends writing something in a chat group or i get a sms I hear an annoying short beep all the time. The IM tone is set to the lowest value. I don't hear any sound if the media player is not running or if I set the "silent" profile. But this is no option for me cause I want to hear if somebody call me.
How can I delete this beep tone?

Sorry for my bad English.
Thanks for helping me. ("power search" could not help me)

Last edited by berlinermaxe; 2010-11-24 at 14:52.

OK my English must be really bad. I'am the only one here who don't get any kind of reply. So I will try a last time in another way.

If you get an IM, SMS or Email during the call. Do you hear a short beep tone? If yes. You can imagine that this could be really annoying.
If no...How do you do this?

Kind regards, Max.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Have you tried turning off system sounds?

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Yes. System sound is turned off.

Bump. This bothers me a lot.

I like to fall asleep with soft radio and the loud beep when an e-mail/IM is received is a serious annoyance.

As far as I can tell, this beep is not found in /usr/share/sounds, nor can its volume be adjusted.

Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Originally Posted by oKtosiTe View Post
Bump. This bothers me a lot.

I like to fall asleep with soft radio and the loud beep when an e-mail/IM is received is a serious annoyance.
Not sure if it can be switched off at all. Rather activate "Offline Mode" to ensure that phone calls, texts, IM's and other annoyances do not bother you.

Every phone I have ever owned has this behaviour - so I would imagine that it's locked up somewhere closed source and inaccessible.

Hopefully part of the media player itself. If so, then MohammadAG is working on an opensource media player. Then we can talk

Originally Posted by Switch_ View Post
Not sure if it can be switched off at all. Rather activate "Offline Mode" to ensure that phone calls, texts, IM's and other annoyances do not bother you.
That seems like a bit of an extreme measure to avoid being woken up by newsletters and such. I actually want to be able to receive important calls.
More importantly, I listen to streams, which obviously need an internet connection.

Originally Posted by Char View Post
Hopefully part of the media player itself. If so, then MohammadAG is working on an opensource media player. Then we can talk
Good point. Will try to confirm that with kmplayer tonight and I tweeted @MohammadAG to ask him myself.
(More info on his media player can be found here.)

Edit: Instead of beeping, kmplayer allows the regular mail/SMS/IM sound to get through. Since this way I can silence the notifications or lower their volume, I would say this approach is preferable.

Last edited by oKtosiTe; 2011-03-28 at 06:32.