Hello guys,
I strictly followed this guide but I wasn't successful when I tried to flash eMMC on my Nokia N900 device.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_t...MC_in_the_N900

I don't know where is the problem, because while refleshing the firmware (internal memory) I had no problem at all! I don't understand it and I need your help. Hopefully you will know what am I doing wrong and what should I do else.

Here is the screenshot of my cmd.exe. It stops on that last line everytime I try it as you can see. Then I can type in the window again but it hasn't flashed the phone.

Sorry for double post but I just wanted to say that after the last line nothing happens, I just can type/write something new to the cmd.

And by the way I use these 3 files to flash my device:
flasher-3.5.exe
RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin
RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ void
It looks like you have flashed the firmware (RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin) successfully?
Does it help to redownload the emmc image? Check the md5dum of the file at the top of the Nokia dev download page.
Did you reboot the phone right after flashing the firmware and BEFORE flashing the emmc?

Yes mate, I flashed the firmware successfully, the problem is only by flashing the eMMC.

The eMMC image? What is that? I don't understand these things so great so I would need you to be a bit more specific. Should I redownload the Vanilla? What is md5dum please? Could you ecaxtly post me some links?

I didn't do the reboot after flashing firmware and before flashing the eMMC. Is that serious mistake? Do I have to do that? After I flashed the firmware the device didn't turn on. I was still "turned off" only with NOKIA logo, nothing else happend. So via reboot you mean turn it on and then turn it off again?

Thanks for answering all the questions.

So I redownloaded the Vanilla image - didn't help, still the same problem. I don't know what should I check in that md5dum file... Maybe you gonna tell me please?

And I didn't restart the device between flashing FW and eMMC! First I flashed FW withou -R, then I flashed only kernel withou -R and then I flashed eMMC with -R but nothing really happend, no flashing done, no restart... Just the same case as I screened in the first post.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
md5sum is a numerical signature of a file or directory to check if the file or directory is completely downloaded and not corrupted. This is a common unix program, and there are some windows executables. Your screenshot does not show the final output of your terminal.
What happens (what output) after the lines you posted in the screenshot? Please give as much info as you can.

ah ok, but since my friend downloaded it as well and after we check it other's version our result was the same site, so the file is correct I suppose!

Next output after this one is the beggining one:
F:\Programy\Maemo\Flasher-3.5>flasher-3.5.exe

and I could type something new... That outpust is just the last one, that's why I cut it like that!

and after we checked each other's version our result was the same size*

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
hmm very strange.
try a other usb port
try to rename the file
download it another time
be sure its in the last folder in the flasher directory(where the flasher exe file is)
be sure ovi suite isn't running
try to flash the emmc first and right after the fiasco with the-R (reboot) command at the end.
if this all doesn't work try it on a different os like win xp service pack 3
don't forget that under win 7 there are many problems .

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ void
Doesn't the wiki link in your first post explain what eMMC is?

fiasco and eMMC images
In other words, the eMMC image is kinda like ghost on Windows PC. Flashing nokia's eMMC image means you want to wipe out everything in your disk and overwrite the space with what it used to be before you open the box.... like restoring a ghost image to a harddisk. "Vanilla" here means the original state before you decide to add chocolate or strawberries to the top...

The firmware (fiasco) image is essentially the original kernel.

As the wiki entry and the Nokia restricted download page say, if you want to flash everything, then you MUST do this exactly:
NOTE: Always flash the FIASCO image first, then the eMMC image immediately after that. Never boot up the device between flashing the FIASCO image and the eMMC image! When flashing eMMC always also flash FIASCO rootfs - NEVER boot the device between the two flashes.
See if this simplified walkthrough is useful to you:
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...ata/m-p/591877

In your case, you must flash the firmware first and then eMMC in one go without powering off or rebooting. And the -R (means "reboot" (!!)) option is actually not necessary for both flashing procedures.

When flashing completes, you just disconnect the USB, take out the battery, then put it back, and finally power on the phone.

BUT never, ever disconnect when flashing has started. Doing so may prove fatal and your phone will magically transform into an expensive paperweight....

If flashing stops and waits for USB despite USB connection, you may try a different USB port or one on another computer. This has helped many times in my case as the USB on my laptop is acting up every now and then..

btw what happened after the last line shown in your screenshot, and what did you do then?

md5sum
In the nokia download page, you should be able to see the link of md5sum. The file is a list of the checksums of all the old and new versions of firmware (fiasco image) and the eMMC content. To use this, install a md5sum program for windows, then use that program to find out the checksums of your downloads, and then compare your findings with the ones in the list. If yours are different from them that means your downloads are incomplete or corrupted. You should ALWAYS check the files' integrity BEFORE using them.

If you can spend an hour or two reading all the relevant information beforehand, you'll realize that you have just saved hours of frustrations and confusion.