Active Topics

title says it all. Take off your back cover and hold the phone in your hand. It's significantly thinner. Somehow I feel like if this piece was better designed we would have a sigificantly device.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
yeah and if you dismantle the sliding lower part with the hardware keyboard it will become much much thinner

sorry I just do see a reason to discuss something like that Its the phone , that's how it was designed , it like saying "it would have been much lighter if you removed the battery "

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

The Following User Says Thank You to HellFlyer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 265 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
somebody should make an alternative, really tight and thin back cover id buy it for sure.

to me it's not a question of thickness, it's that it doesn't line up flush with the back surface of the phone. It's just an observation. I am guessing Nokia engineers have more experience with this sort of thing than I.

if they made it as thick as where the cam lens is so its flush it wud be even thicker... sorta.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Have you actually felt the back cover? Held it in your hand? The "thinness" is almost entirely in the mind, I think. Except for where the camera lens is, the cover adds maybe a millimeter of thickness. It's just that the way it feels creates a distinctly different tactile impression. Sorta like an optical illusion, but, you know, a tactile illusion. (Actually, I think if I made the cover just as fat but more pointy-edged, it would actually feel thinner too, to someone who doesn't think about it too much.)

Now seriously, take off your back cover and look at it. Feel it, bend it a little (it won't bend too much safely, but it flexes slightly). How much thinner do you think you can make that before it becomes too fragile to be of any use? Without making it out of steel or something, at which point you'll probably want to redo the entire casing, because the metal notches would slowly wear down the slits in the plastic casing where the metal hypothetically-thinner-cover would clip in.

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
i hope the n9 is thicker and bigger all round,
thin = no sale as far as im concerned

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:

Tags
start a thread