QTrapids has a very simple interface and Ived used it but has stopped working and cant be installed after patching PR1.3.

I have also tried to use Transmission but its unstable, it keeps eating CPU memory and other bad stuff.

Is there any other alternatives to this two?

I'm personally using transmission web interface installed on my home debian desktop and I'm connecting with it via microb.

Bittorrent client running directly on n900 takes to much resources in my opinion.

You can try to apt-cache search torrent on your easy debian installation.
There is a lot of clients but i didn't test them personally

change the save path on transmission to memory card for a better experience.

waht i need to do? when i try tu install, write for me "unable"... becouse need libevent.... and when i try to install when write for me "unable to install - libevent....."

what i need to do?

MY SPEEK ENGLISH BAD

Originally Posted by hardkorek View Post
I'm personally using transmission web interface installed on my home debian desktop and I'm connecting with it via microb.

Bittorrent client running directly on n900 takes to much resources in my opinion.

You can try to apt-cache search torrent on your easy debian installation.
There is a lot of clients but i didn't test them personally
Man I dont like installing too much stuff on my phone but thanks anyway.

When I was using QTrapids it was pretty stable and wasnt taking a lot of muscle to run, just hope someone could take a look at fixing the issues in it, its in devel repo.

In my case Transmission after adding torrent doesn,t start downloading.

It would be nice to have n alternate : QTRapid

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
As fun as it is to have a torrent client on your device, please be aware you are using solid state memory and they have limited write cycles on them. The way a torrent client (even with a large cache) accesses files for both reading and writing can severely shorten the lifespan of your device.