Notices

i have a panasonic plasma that does 1080p and every time i try to use the nokia supplied tv out cable it wont scale it properly and wont fill up my screen, its like it centered. highly annoying and id like to fix this.

can anyone help? ive seen plenty of videos on the net with the n900 tv out filling up the whole screen so not sure why i have this problem.

thanks

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Finland
Have you tried cycling through screen sizes on the TV itself?

By default, at least on my TV (LG 37LH4000), the screen has black bars but cycling through the resolution I can get the whole screen filled.

there is no way to change resolution, i can only change the picture format such as zoom, full, h-fill, just, etc. Zoom comes the closet but that isnt the right way to do it.

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bracknell, UK
Which player are you using? I use KMPlayer which has a provision to increase the screen size somewhat. But not sure whether that would fill up your panasonic plasma.Anyway you can give a shot if interested.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Well, composite signal is 4:3 at something like 720x480i, so you need to engage the image stretch function of your screen to make the signal fills up 16:9.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
you can't
use the zoom feature like i do...

Change the Tv Output from NTSC to PAL or vise versa. . .

Tags
user fail