Active Topics

Staying online with music playing and maybe some application, and 2 widges that consumes energy : facebook widget and foreca weather widget makes my battery lasts for about 2 hours no more no less,
now here is what wikipedia says about n900's battery :

Battery and SIM

Battery life for the device may change with time due to ongoing development and attempts to optimize power management through firmware updates. In a press release[62] Nokia stated they are aiming at "one day of full usage"[63] or "Always online : Up to 2-4 days (TCP/IP connected)" and "Active online usage: Up to 1+ day". Early reports from users range from 12 hours (Wi-Fi on, web browsing, video and some GPS),[64][65] to about 2 days online but not used continuously.[66] The value appears to be highly dependent on the user's choice of background software, active desktop widgets, IM and email polling, as well as mobile network signal quality (especially 3G) and in some cases, software bugs. Nokia reported talk times are around 9 hours with GSM and 5 hours with 3G.[67] Battery life can be extended significantly by switching off GPS/A-GPS, WiFi, and Bluetooth and by replacing 3G by 2G / GPRS.

While previous Internet Tablets used larger batteries (1500 mAh compared with the N900's 1320 mAh), they are based on a less efficient microprocessor. Typical battery time for the Nokia N810 is around 7 hours of continuous full usage, display and Wi-Fi on. In principle, On N900 figures are expected to be much higher. Third party extended batteries up to 2400 mAh capacity are available for the N900.[68]
users reported 12 hours wifi on !

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
That is true , mine lasts about 2 days WiFi ON if I dont play too much

I think your problem is the facebook widget , A lot of people were complaining that it is not optimized and consumes battery all the time , I suggest you remove it and check again

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Wifi may be on, but is it connected to wifi router? My battery lasts about 6-8 hours if connected to wifi. I suppose I have a few widgets, etc. If I turn wifi off or disconnect, it will last more than one day.

there are many battery optimization threads you might want to check out (with tweaks ranging from changing swap with swappolube, adjusting overclock and voltage, using autodisconnect, etc) but don't expect miracles - while my device can just sit around on wifi for 2 days checking email and updating widgets (only about 6 to 8 hours of the same on 3g), I get maybe 4 hours active web surfing max, less if things like bluetooth and gps are enabled, and about 30 minutes of skype video calling, which is the fastest battery drainer ive come across.

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Alexandria,Egypt
how can you make phone stays up for 2days while wifi on??i mean what did u do ???

I get about 7 hrs with skype, facebook chat and ovi chat on with wifi. No widgets that use internet.

the idea of this thread is to collect the members experiences with battery life/day, i remember that i used to charg the phone once/day when i was lightly using it but now im using it a bit more plus games and emulators so im charging it twice/day (once through the day and once while im sleeping)

oh no... It's "your battery life experiences" thread... again...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kudlatygosc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
since im using my own custom battery i charge every other day, but i am using my phone very heavily, i really have to use it non stop if i want to use the battery in one day.
Any my new 2763mAh battery really gives me peace of mind that i don't have to limit myself from using my phone when i know i will not be near a charger for some time.
I can remember when i got it i really hated the fact that i could use up the battery pretty "quick", and that's why i got on getting battery's and start making my own battery since i don't want to pay 95$+ for the mugen battery.

My high usage includes always having my custom brightness at level 3 (= between 4 & 5 without custom brightness)

Originally Posted by kudlatygosc View Post
oh no... It's "your battery life experiences" thread... again...
Oh damn. Ah, man. This really, like, sucks. Boo hoo. I mean, like, people, on a forum, discussing. This really blows.

I can get about 1 hour of 3G web, 1 hour music, maybe 20 minutes of either a game or a video. Brightness level 3, ulv power kernel profile clocked at 600 to 850. Wifi completely disabled, internet connection (via 3G) only on when I need it.

Last edited by mattbutsko; 2010-12-15 at 20:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to mattbutsko For This Useful Post: