Active Topics

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
hi!

yet another thread and i truly apologize.

I just reached the 5 max downloads of some of my apps from OVI store,

before I did that, I tried and follow a guide from Nokia Discussions on how to back-up all of the .install and/or .deb files and data. but i get stuck on the "copy to clipboard" from the /var/tmp folder using filebox.

for example, i will download Angry Birds Level Pack 1, the app manager opens and has the window with "continue" and "details" options. minimized the app manager but when i open filebox and go to /var/tmp folder, i see no apps, .install or .deb as seen on the illustrations of the guide!

What am I doing wrong? i followed all steps apples to apples but no luck here! im on PR 1.3!

Thanks

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

best way is using apt-get... try "apt-get --download-only install angry-birds*"
then browse to "cd /var/lib/apt/archive you should see all the deb files including it's dependencies.

The Following User Says Thank You to Radicalz38 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
best way is using apt-get... try "apt-get --download-only install angry-birds*"
then browse to "cd /var/lib/apt/archive you should see all the deb files including it's dependencies.
That only works for free apps. Paid-for apps aren't in the repository, so you can't use apt-get.

Personally I just reset my desktop browser user agent to the Maemo one, and download the .deb file there.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
That only works for free apps. Paid-for apps aren't in the repository, so you can't use apt-get.

Personally I just reset my desktop browser user agent to the Maemo one, and download the .deb file there.
same thing im doing for symbian, so i would need to proxy my browser (or any browser to Maemo, thanks.

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;