Notices

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!
okay i have been seeing a lot lately about how the latest overclocking apps are making the job easy and painless and nearly trouble free.

so my question is, which app is the best and more importantly what cpu speed should I be clocked to to avoid crappy battery life and problems with the phone?

thanks !

QCPUFreq is what i'm using and i only overclock @ 900 Mhz when im going to use PSX emulator, works fine

The Following User Says Thank You to AgogData For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
For me it is simply
Code:
kernel-config load ideal

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
For me it is simply
Code:
kernel-config load ideal
so you enter the string and thats it???

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Originally Posted by ddiscodave View Post
so you enter the string and thats it???
No, they must have installed Titan's Power Kernel first. That's one setting you can load when it's installed to overclock with the 'ideal' profile.

The Following User Says Thank You to mr id For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
QCPUFreq is what i'm using and i only overclock @ 900 Mhz when im going to use PSX emulator, works fine
what is the highest i can go without f-ing up my phone?

and......

i installed QCPUfreq and the highest i can go is 600 Mhz. how do i get up to 900? do you have smartreflex enabled?

Last edited by ddiscodave; 2010-12-20 at 23:03.

???????????

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Alexandria,Egypt
kernel 250 to 700 and i use swappolube and con900 to empty swap memory n refresh ur device as if u restarted it these r best to have best performance but some say for ideal overclocking clock using kernel or queen widget min 500 and max 850 but i find it alot.

Hi there,
I used to use Titan's kernel but gave it up because it messed up with 3G call reception, 3.5G data and wifi signal, and the load ideal causing freezing on my phone.
Do you have similae draw back when using QCPUfreq? If not, I will give it a try.
I am not trying to OC for games, but I would love to save some battery or make my N900 more swappy.

i just installed it tonight and noticed nothing but since I am somewhat new to this overclockign game there is a strong possibility that Im missing a step somewhere and if i am reading all of your posts correctly I am missing the kernels. all i did was install the app and attempt to run the overclock but i saw no change. I suppose I should have installed the kernel correct?