Active Topics

For some reason starting today camera button half press opens camera application. Lens cover is closed and as I have shortcutd installed, half press goes to dashboard and opens camera application.
And if I open lens cover then camera application is not opening. (lens cover reminder is working as it is showing that lens cover is opened and if opened then camera button halfpress does not go to dashboard only opens camera app).
Can someone point me to correct direction how to get old behavior back when opening lens cover it opens camera app and halfpress camera button does not open camera app.

PS! today morning I had to restart the phone because I could not hear other party, mayby some file got broken.

Last edited by nux; 2011-01-09 at 11:12.

that last part is probably unrelated...

Originally Posted by volt View Post
that last part is probably unrelated...
I wrote that because I have not installed any new soft lately. That was only anomaly I had lately.
But does someone know why is camera app starting via half press of camera button?

I bought a third party battery cover that lacked the peripherals to tell the phone that the lens was closed, which gave me the same issue that you're having. Do you have a white and black stripe inside your battery cover where the camera is?

I have the original back cover vith black stripe inside.
But as I wrote, cover reminder application can detect opening camera cover and appears in status area.

Figured out that:
dsmetool -k /usr/bin/camera-ui
will disable camera launch, but that is not the solution I was looking for

The Following User Says Thank You to nux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Netherlands
Hi,

did you try to remove the backcover and look if something (dirt) is blocking the sensor. I had the same problem you are having right now, and it was caused by a tiny piece of tobacco blocking the sensor.

good luck

Hey

Figured it out. About a month ago I lost metal pice in kickstand that holds the kickstand in place.
And it seems I have recently lost my magnet in backcover

And I think the magnet is the reason to my problem.
So need to get a new one.

Im having the exact same problem. It drives me up the wall, its been happening since september. Still no fix tho. Thought it might be sand in there but have tried checking to see if there is anything on the sensor but there doesnt appear to be.

If anyone else has any additional ideas then please let us know/

Originally Posted by nux View Post
Hey

Figured it out. About a month ago I lost metal pice in kickstand that holds the kickstand in place.
And it seems I have recently lost my magnet in backcover

And I think the magnet is the reason to my problem.
So need to get a new one.

Ive still got the metal part and the magnet so i dont think thats the problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kel-bel For This Useful Post: