Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
BLIZZARD's Avatar
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on May 2010
#11
Just added the icon made by billybobjones.

Btw, if you tried the app, please report back if it works fine or not.
__________________
I LOVE THESE GAMES: STARCRAFT/STARCRAFT2
I LOVE N900 I LOVE C++ I LOVE UBUNTU
E.F.F, (QT) E.F.F EMPTY FREQUENCIES FINDER, CRAPS, T-CONTROL
 
Posts: 169 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Mar 2010
#12
I like the idea of this app, but it would be great if this app has a car mode in which the UI consists of just two elements: The frequency (on which the transmitter is currently set) and a big button "search". When the button is pressed, the app searches for a free frequency (the frequency with the most "free space" to the next occupied frequencies) and sets the transmitter to this new frequency.

If I'm driving in my car, I don't want to know how many frequencies are free and I don't want to set my own threshold :-)
__________________
Author of the Advanced Geocaching Tool
Please consider a donation if you like AGTL.
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to webhamster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2011
#13
I have installed the EFF from the repositories and found out the fact that this is your previous shell version 1.4.2. This application works and seems to be very useful, but please, let me know whether Your last GUI version, You are writing about, is available anywhere. Thanks.
 
BLIZZARD's Avatar
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on May 2010
#14
Originally Posted by sblotskyy View Post
I have installed the EFF from the repositories and found out the fact that this is your previous shell version 1.4.2. This application works and seems to be very useful, but please, let me know whether Your last GUI version, You are writing about, is available anywhere. Thanks.
The last version of QT E.F.F. is availabale for download on the first post of this thread. The shell script version in the repositories was not uploaded by me so i cant remove it or change the name, but i will contact the uploader.
__________________
I LOVE THESE GAMES: STARCRAFT/STARCRAFT2
I LOVE N900 I LOVE C++ I LOVE UBUNTU
E.F.F, (QT) E.F.F EMPTY FREQUENCIES FINDER, CRAPS, T-CONTROL
 
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2010
#15
I just installed the latest version and there is no icon for it.... Am I missing something..
 
BLIZZARD's Avatar
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on May 2010
#16
Originally Posted by webhamster View Post
I like the idea of this app, but it would be great if this app has a car mode in which the UI consists of just two elements: The frequency (on which the transmitter is currently set) and a big button "search". When the button is pressed, the app searches for a free frequency (the frequency with the most "free space" to the next occupied frequencies) and sets the transmitter to this new frequency.

If I'm driving in my car, I don't want to know how many frequencies are free and I don't want to set my own threshold :-)
Thats why i am developing T-CONTROL . But i can easily add a button to the current E.F.F. version to set the transmitter to the first empty frequency found.
__________________
I LOVE THESE GAMES: STARCRAFT/STARCRAFT2
I LOVE N900 I LOVE C++ I LOVE UBUNTU
E.F.F, (QT) E.F.F EMPTY FREQUENCIES FINDER, CRAPS, T-CONTROL
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BLIZZARD For This Useful Post:
BLIZZARD's Avatar
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on May 2010
#17
Originally Posted by flexman View Post
I just installed the latest version and there is no icon for it.... Am I missing something..
It will appear on the next reboot, unless you installed the shell script version.
__________________
I LOVE THESE GAMES: STARCRAFT/STARCRAFT2
I LOVE N900 I LOVE C++ I LOVE UBUNTU
E.F.F, (QT) E.F.F EMPTY FREQUENCIES FINDER, CRAPS, T-CONTROL
 
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2010
#18
Originally Posted by BLIZZARD View Post
It will appear on the next reboot, unless you installed the shell script version.
I uninstall the script version then installed the .deb file from the first post. All went well with the new installation. I have rebooted twice now and the icon is still not there... Thanks
 
BLIZZARD's Avatar
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on May 2010
#19
Originally Posted by flexman View Post
I uninstall the script version then installed the .deb file from the first post. All went well with the new installation. I have rebooted twice now and the icon is still not there... Thanks
Type the following in Xterminal and post the output.

ls /opt/EFF
__________________
I LOVE THESE GAMES: STARCRAFT/STARCRAFT2
I LOVE N900 I LOVE C++ I LOVE UBUNTU
E.F.F, (QT) E.F.F EMPTY FREQUENCIES FINDER, CRAPS, T-CONTROL
 
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2010
#20
Originally Posted by BLIZZARD View Post
Type the following in Xterminal and post the output.

ls /opt/EFF
"No such file or directory"

I did a re-installation and still cannot find it..
 
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 16:29.