Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
ammyt's Avatar
Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,117 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
#1
I'm having a problem with apt-get anything. After the operation completes I get this error (see attached image). I've already tried a complete FIASCO + eMMC reflash with no results. Oh and BTW is my device supposed to have a reset (restore original settings) if I turned it off and unplugged the battery?
Attached Images
 
 
ammyt's Avatar
Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,117 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
#2
I can use some help you know...
 
MyNokiaN900's Avatar
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
#3
Funny you mention that error, because I can't seem to install anything with APT-GET at the moment, no matter what installation I try, it tells me it wants to remove "keyboard-shortcuts" but when it runs through it it fails with some errors.

/home/user # apt-get install --reinstall -y kernel-power kernel-power-flasher
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
keyboard-shortcuts
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 2 reinstalled, 1 to remove and 10 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B/2107kB of archives.
After this operation, 32.8kB disk space will be freed.
(Reading database ... 60921 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing keyboard-shortcuts ...
killall: dbus-scripts: no process killed
dpkg: error processing keyboard-shortcuts (--remove):
subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
keyboard-shortcuts
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)


I opened the Application Manager and tried removing it from there as well, and it doesn't allow me to remove it.

Does anyone have any ideas why?
 
Posts: 458 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
#4
Your problem seems to be with the account-plugin-salut package. Have you tried to install just it (install it without trying to install telepathy-extras at the same time)?
 
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,410 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
#5
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
I'm having a problem with apt-get anything. After the operation completes I get this error (see attached image). I've already tried a complete FIASCO + eMMC reflash with no results.
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=653761&postcount=4

Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
Oh and BTW is my device supposed to have a reset (restore original settings) if I turned it off and unplugged the battery?
It usually asks for the time & location to be reset, but shouldn't restore any other settings.

Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900 View Post
Funny you mention that error, because I can't seem to install anything with APT-GET at the moment, no matter what installation I try, it tells me it wants to remove "keyboard-shortcuts" but when it runs through it it fails with some errors.
The script is trying to kill a process which isn't actually running, and therefore failing. You'll probably need to edit the script (/var/lib/dpkg/info/keyboard-shortcuts.postrm) and remove/comment out the line trying to "killall dbus-scripts".
 

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
ammyt's Avatar
Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,117 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
#6
Thanks for your extremely useful reply
 
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 17:28.