Hello.

So, i recently bought Nokia N900 (about 1-2months ago)
And last weekend, i Installed Kernel & Rooths to "overlock" the device, i barely overclocked it, added 100mhz. I guess the phone is broken cuz of that now, I tried to restart the device yesterday, and it gives me the "Nokia" white screen, then gets black, white screen,gets black.. same over and over again?

I would appreciate any help!

Last edited by ssanei; 2011-01-19 at 11:49.

Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
Originally Posted by ssanei View Post
Hello.

So, i recently bought Nokia N900 (about 1-2months ago)
And last weekend, i Installed Kernel & Rooths to "overlock" the device, i barely overclocked it, added 100mhz. I guess the phone is broken cuz of that now, I tried to restart the device yesterday, and it gives me the "Nokia" white screen, then gets black, white screen,gets black.. same over and over again?

Could this be cause of the kernel & overclocking?

I would appreciate any help!
try flashing kernel only.if its kernel problem it will be solved.
otherwise you may need to flash rootfs

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
You installed powerkernel46?
Do you happen to try and restart while the phone is on the charger?

If so, try to restart it while unplugged. I did a complete reflash recently and ever since I need to unplug the device first (from the charger, that is) before it will reboot normally.

If that doesn't work, try to give us some more information so people on the board may have a look and possibly help you out without the need of a reflash. Very often reflashing isn't even needed but the info (PR version and kernel version of the overclocked one, recently installed programs, etc). Reflashing should be a last resort.

Im sorry but I have no idea which kernel was it, I just got the latest Power Kernel from the Application Manager, and I havent installed any perfomance applications recently, just CPUFreQ, Rooths, Kernel and some Com... something, to monitore ram usage and so on.
(Those applications to overlock..)

I tried to restart the phone when it was unplugged, and plugged. Didnt work.

Im ready to do whatever it takes to fix it by myself! It was bought with an interface inclueded and im paying ~20€/month for the next 2years, so..I dont want to waste my moneys because they wouldnt probably fix it, cuz i overclocked it and (perhaps) broke it myself. So...

Need some macgyver tips!

thats what you call a reboot loop and the only fix is reflashing...

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
As was already suggested to you, try reflashing the kernel first, there is a guide in the wiki.

Well, I guess what Changegames stated is right than. You're in for a reflash. No need to worry, for despite the numerous threads on the board on the topic, it is not difficult at all, as long as you make sure to read and follow the instructions carefully.

There's a good wiki page on the topic that you can find here

http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

I guess a kernel only reflash should do the trick for you. Takes a couple of minutes, no more.

Thanks for the tips guys, just that.. this reflashing **** seems to be harder than i thought, too much **** to handle so im just gonna drop that option

Thanks for the tips guys, just that.. this reflashing **** seems to be harder than i thought, too much **** to handle so im just gonna drop that option
What OS are you using on your computer? OS and version (32/64 bit)

It looks intimidating, but really, it's not. Give it a try and make yourself proud, man. This machine is in many ways about being able to fix things yourself. Learning it is always scary but there is no need to be afraid at all and the rewards really make up for the learning curve. Really!

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Probably your only option unless you want the n900 for an expensive paperweight.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post: