Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
WTF is this AMAZIIIING or CRAP thing? Where is gray area? Why on earth everything has to be amazing/superb/best/extragavanza/superior etc. or crap/shait/terrible/utterlyfailed.

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 176 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by erythrophilia View Post
However, it is missing one important piece which is Maemo 5.
hmm i think that it would be possible to port that.. if meego is allready ported :P

anyways, we have our n900, and our own projects like NITdroid.

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ hull, england
Originally Posted by slender View Post
WTF is this AMAZIIIING or CRAP thing? Where is gray area? Why on earth everything has to be amazing/superb/best/extragavanza/superior etc. or crap/shait/terrible/utterlyfailed.
Why settle for anything but the best. You pay enough money for the phone

one thing i like abt htc desire hd is its navigation, it has the best navigation out all phones,

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
After using a galaxy tab for almost a month i would swap my n900 for a htc hd2 everyday of the week, android is awesome, lots of bugs and crashes but still awesome, flash wins I'm afraid, and Nokia not providing an update for my n900 means i totally refuse to give them my hard earned cash for many years to come

The Following User Says Thank You to leetut For This Useful Post:
Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
to me only flash 10.1 on N900 would make this device perfect and I could stick to it for next 2 years minimum. Unfortunately it is against what Nokia wants from loyal N900 customers. They wont us to buy another stuff.

But this is true, once when you give a try to Maemo it's hard to even thing about other alternatives. Android 3.0? Yes, it's getting closer to user experience I would expect, or even Blackberry playbook also looking good. But this is tablet territory, not in the category of devices I'm looking for.

Thanks for this post because I was just a step from buying HTC Desire HD because of Flash. But as soon I'll finish flaemo project (or get to usable state) I'm sure I'll go for it.

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
Originally Posted by erythrophilia View Post

3. Should not be a reason to use N900 but, yeah, I can run "free" web OS games on it.
Cough cough..
There gameloft games, and there not free
And there a thousand times better on an android device
I do love my n900 don't get me wrong
And i was once one of the ones who would shoot down everything that wasn't maemo, but then i grew up!
My wifes ipad is awesome, my galaxy tab is awesome, and I'm so looking forward to the iphone5
And these are things i hated a few months ago
My eyes have been opened and the world is not flat believe it or not!

The Following User Says Thank You to leetut For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
i recently brought an ipad for my dad and i did find myself going to the ipad rather then the n900 initially. But after a couple of days after which i had seen everything the ipad could do i realizd that the fun was over and went back to my beloved N900 @ 1000 mhz

Originally Posted by rantom View Post
Yeah, Android really isn't an alternative to the N900 users that know what N900 was made for. Sure, the UI is nice and there's apps but that's about it. I'd advice, that don't go Android. Not even NITDroid, it's not worth it (with all due respect to the coders : nice to bring it to the N900 but that's about it. It's nice to have but not to use it, since it's Android).

Only good thing what I got out of Android was the fact, that I realized how disgusting OS it is. I've then completely changed my mind about Maemo 5 and will not give up on it until I replace it with MeeGo. Yes, I'm being a fanboy in here but for a reason.

Once you go to Maemo 5 you shouldn't go back. I've said this before but I'll say it again : Android can **** off for all I care. I may sound bias on Maemo 5's side but it's just true, I can't stand Android. Android can **** off with it's "open" OS, bloatware, locked UI's, no real-multitasking, rooting to fix problems (and voiding warranty) and fragmented marketplace.

I have no respect against Android. Period.
Same feeling, Android UX is clumsy at times. Maemo has its quirks but having used Android I came to appreciate the effort put into Maemo 5 UX. It just flows, unlike in Android you need to keep using touchscreen and hardware buttons.

If I need apps and easy-to-use phone, I would get a iPhone instead.

Posts: 164 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bucks, UK
Want to swap?

Tags
idiot's, zomgitsamazing!