Active Topics

Hi,
Just installed Marble with maps. Also monav deamon. But according to instruction it should be visible in marble "configure" submenu. Of course it is not... and I have no clue what to do to make it work... Is there anyone who had a similiar problem?
Tomas

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Did you look for it in 'Route Planning' - 'Configure'?

Yes I did
all is there:
moon
OpenRouteService
Tadeusz Hessel, Maciej Wikło
And only when I thick a "moon" I can add maps...
Thats Why I'm askin... it's totally strange...

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Do you have monav-routing-daemon installed?
Code:
apt-cache policy monav-routing-daemon

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
I have installed the one of two from "download" list on N900:
MoNav routing deamon (Routing server for other applications)
Response for apt-cache policy monav-routing-deamon
W: Unable to locate package monav-routing-deamon

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 535 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Karlsruhe, Germany
Originally Posted by tomnewman View Post
Response for apt-cache policy monav-routing-deamon
W: Unable to locate package monav-routing-deamon
It's monav-routing-daemon, notice the spelling. Make sure that you install the version 0.2.release-2 from extras-testing and not 0.2.20101211-1 from extras-devel -- the latter is an unstable version from monav SVN which is incompatible.

Independent of the monav version, Marble should list three routing backends when clicking on "Configure": OpenRouteService, Yours and Monav. They're even there if monav-routing-daemon is not installed.

I'm afraid that the translation for your language (which is it? Polish?) is broken: Monav seems to be translated as moon. I'll look into it. Other than looking strange, it shouldn't affect the functionality.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to earthwings For This Useful Post:
You where right about spelling ... i was typing deamon instead daemon. And I have the right version 0.2.release-2 from extras testing.
The other thing You have mentioned - language translation. I think You are right about that . I still have just moon (księżyc) - which i can edit. However even with maps installed... there is no difference with quality as long as im not "downloading" region.
Anyway Thank You :-)

Originally Posted by tomnewman View Post
However even with maps installed... there is no difference with quality as long as im not "downloading" region.
Anyway Thank You :-)
That's expected. The monav offline routing maps contain only routing data which enable Marble to calculate routes (sloppy said: find the best route and paint it as a blue line). The maps you see are based on images (tiles) however which need to be downloaded separately via the "Download region" dialog.
In a distant future we may be able to merge both (possibly extending the offline routing maps by more vector data and calculating map images from that on the fly). Volunteers please stand up

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to earthwings For This Useful Post:
[QUOTE=
In a distant future we may be able to merge both (possibly extending the offline routing maps by more vector data and calculating map images from that on the fly). Volunteers please stand up [/QUOTE]

:-) What exactly You mean by volunteers? I'm not going to say I'm an expert but If You'll write what kind of help You are imagining I can do my best to help. :-)

The translation problem is fixed in the next version (1.0.1, to be released in 1-2 weeks).

Re vector maps: We're thinking of making rendering (.osm) vector data a Google Summer of Code project, see Techbase. That's one of the major steps needed to get rid of image based map rendering.

The Following User Says Thank You to earthwings For This Useful Post: