I wanna ask if there is any chance of get Tweetdeck
on ours N900. i would love tweetdeck on my n900, ´cause is
an app that a really use.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by yoarimo View Post
I wanna ask if there is any chance of get Tweetdeck
on ours N900. i would love tweetdeck on my n900, ´cause is
an app that a really use.
I don't think TweetDeck is open source. You'll need to direct your request to TweetDeck, Inc.

However, I suspect they won't jump at the chance to invest developer time in porting their product to Maemo 5. Your best bets at this point would be:
  • to politely lobby for the addition of your favorite TweetDeck features in an existing Maemo 5 Twitter client
  • to hope that MeeGo and Symbian make the mobile Qt application market attractive enough for TweetDeck, Inc. to take notice and that the resulting Qt TweekDeck app is runnable on MeeGo on the N900

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Although sjgadsby answered way better than I could... I just have to say that Tweetdeck - I enjoy it on Android - will invariably not be coming out simply due to perceived market size.

In fact, the Twitter apps like Mauku, Witter and whatnot on Maemo seem to be lacking in a lot of functions that hopefully will catch up to the other offerings on other platforms shortly.

But the good part... the Twitter.com website does work just great.

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Africa
Twimgo has the greatest number of useful features IMHO. For example, I don't know of another twitter app for Maemo that supports trends, and you can also follow or unfollow twitter accounts from the app. tweego and some of the other twitter apps don't have these features.

I just need to figure out how to save searches (if that feature works yet).

I have seen Tweetdeck, but haven't used it.

From what I remember Tweetdeck actually announced that they would be focusing on apps for the iPhone and Android.

They announced on Twitter on the 13th January that "We think it's cool that you all want TweetDeck apps on so many mobile platforms! However, we're just sticking to iOS and Android for now.".

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
To put it crudely, asking Tweetdeck, Inc to bring Tweetdeck to the N900 would be akin to asking Crytek to port Crysis to the Commodore Amiga. The Maemo platform has zero appeal to commercial developers. I personally don't mind, because I always assumed that would be the case (step 4 of 5 etc...).

My website

GitHub

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Bolivia
Taks for all yours answers... now the only option that i see is to wait for this http://www.myriadgroup.com/Myriad/De...2D8CE313E.ashx

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
i'm working on a (desktop)tweetdeckish application called Tweed Suit. i use it on my N900, linux desktop and windows desktop. not very polished, but it works.
pics:
http://twitpic.com/3raccr
http://twitpic.com/3p66sd

source:
http://gitorious.org/tweedsuit
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Once upon a time, Witter was quite promising, but its day seems to be over. Maybe twimgo is the new hope. There certainly doesn't seem to me to be an adequate Twitter client for the N900 at the moment. Even old or new Twitter seem rather clumsy. All I mainly want is saved searches.

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Once upon a time, Witter was quite promising, but its day seems to be over. Maybe twimgo is the new hope. There certainly doesn't seem to me to be an adequate Twitter client for the N900 at the moment. Even old or new Twitter seem rather clumsy. All I mainly want is saved searches.
Twimgo got saved searches

The Following User Says Thank You to Zekahz For This Useful Post: