Active Topics

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-...11-708014.html

So , nothing to worry about. Nokia are no lnger in the driving seat, so this is probably a good thing.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Threads merged.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ bay area, us
Originally Posted by leetnoob View Post

So , nothing to worry about. Nokia are no lnger in the driving seat, so this is probably a good thing.
the problem is that intel isnt in the phone manufacturing business. We need a great handest maker to step up!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ptterb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by leetnoob View Post

Nokia have never been in the driving seat. They stepped into the backseat 3- 4 years ago and they are still there.

EDIT: I never thought i would say this, but I consider to buy a Intel smartphone...

Last edited by Dave999; 2011-02-11 at 16:58.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Long Island, New York
thank god...

Lover of Music, Technology & Travel
If I'm not logged in, I'm probably jetsetting to a city near you...

Why would Intel blink? Based on what I've seen, Meego has been more Moblin than Maemo. While Meego may take less of a role at Nokia, Nokia's decision by no means, means the end of Meego. Remember, Meego is already Open Source and is a Linux Foundation project.

I'll keep my N900 for now. I've have an Viewsonic Gtablet that runs Android and I must say I like it. However, I think Maemo (if not Meego) would be far better on a tablet than Android. And Android would be better than Maemo on a phone (yes I know, it (N900) isn't just a phone). A Meego phone w/ Alien Dalvik would certainly be interesting!

The Following User Says Thank You to cesman For This Useful Post:
Honestly, sure there's still some future for MeeGo, but anything bigger than that, i very much doubt that.
No big handset manufacturer is going to pick it and that means it will be a small player and community driven "project". Some wont mind, but over 99% of the population will.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Intel has capability to keep Meego alive as an interesting little niche distro. I don't think they can, or even want to, become a consumer device manufacturer.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Well, maybe Nokia's collapse represents a growth opportunity for several companies, including Intel.