So i was thinking of putting a website together to petition Nokia or at least to be able to show nokia that at alot of customers wanted to see the Maemo/Meego path that was promised. I have secured BRINGNOKIABACK.COM..

Anyone think this is worthwhile.. Or a lost cause..

Anyone want to help devel, market, translate and moderate it as well if i moves forward..

Thanks input helps determine the commitment.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Are you sure you secured bringnokiaback.com? Because right now that site has a somewhat random "NJS Technology; A technology associate" page.

Yes that is the landing page at the moment. Working on logo and layout. It should be changed in a few minutes.

Well, I would say it is a noble gesture but probably a lost cause. It has the Boards approval so I don't think all the petitioning in the world will change that. The only thing that will bring Meego back to Nokia in anything outside of an auxiliary\experimental platform would be multiple years of stagnation or continual degradation of smartphone market growth. This decision is not billed as a temporary stopgap solution( like the palm MS move years ago ) but a long term strategy.

They plan to loose in 2011 and hope to begin gaining ground in 2013, so if 2013 comes and goes and their WP7 line has not accomplished their goals of maintaining and accelerating handsets sold and market growth, as well as gaining them a good foothold in the North American market then they may revisit their plan.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Bulgaria
Hi, not exactly what are you looking for, but similar. ====> http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...505#post946505