Was going to buy a full replacement fascia on ebay as my unit has some wear and tear - ideally I really want to remove the black shiny casing which has the Nokia logo on.

Is this difficult to remove?

Saw some dissessembly vids on YouTube and does seem a bit difficult - do I really need to detatch the top part of the phone from the bottom (where the ribbon is) that is what worries me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by FP125 View Post
Was going to buy a full replacement fascia on ebay as my unit has some wear and tear - ideally I really want to remove the black shiny casing which has the Nokia logo on.

Is this difficult to remove?

Saw some dissessembly vids on YouTube and does seem a bit difficult - do I really need to detatch the top part of the phone from the bottom (where the ribbon is) that is what worries me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Yes, you have to do that. But get the leaked instruction manuals instead of youtube videos. The screwdriver used in that video gives me the creeps.

Secondly (or the most important actually), get some real tools. Good quality screwdrivers of correct size (or you will ruin your screws) and phone disassembly tools (a couple of guitar picks will also do, but they are usually not sharp enough by default).

Is it difficult to replace though? Just really worried I will attempt it and both up my phone and then I will be wishing I just left it alone and lived with the scratches and dents!

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Puerto Rico
Originally Posted by FP125 View Post
Is it difficult to replace though? Just really worried I will attempt it and both up my phone and then I will be wishing I just left it alone and lived with the scratches and dents!
It's not difficult I made my N900 White
Check on my signature for the link.

Cheers.

EDIT: I bought mine also on ebay.
http://j0hnmcclane.deviantart.com/

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK LONDON
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
It's not difficult I made my N900 White
Check on my signature for the link.

Cheers.

EDIT: I bought mine also on ebay.
Aww so beautiful!